Chapter 84

"I gave you a second chance. I ran back into a burning house to save the things I loved."

-Beau Taplin

___________________________________________

Taraa's POV

The morning looked different. Hopeful. Positive.

It hadn't felt like this in the past two years.

Everyone was seated at the dining table for breakfast. Chatters filled the room from time to time, unlike before when everyone finished the food mostly in silence. It wasn't like old times, but it was clear that everyone was trying to put the blocks together of the relationship that has been broken down. This step in itself was crucial.

As everyone finished eating, Namjoon cleared his throat to gain everyone's attention and as expected, all heads turned towards him. He paused for a moment before speaking, as if weighing his words carefully.

"I am thinking of...I am ready to give ourselves a second chance. Whoever...if any one of you think otherwise...then please stand up." he finally said.

There was a pause before a chair's legs rattled against the floor. Everybody's head turned in Yoongi's direction from where the noise had come.

My breath hitched in my throat, and judging by their reactions, I am pretty sure everyone else's did too.

But after noticing for a while, I realised that Yoongi wasn't even paying attention to us, but rather struggling with his leg, looking down. Feeling six pair of eyes on him, I guess, he finally looked up, looking so innocent for someone who had just given us a minor heart attack.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" he asked.

Hobi tsk-ed, while Namjoon gave him a disapproving look.

"What were you doing just now?" Jin questioned.

Yoongi bent down under the table and emerged back after a moment, holding something. It was a cockroach, struggling between his fingers.

Hobi, who was sitting beside him, let out an inhuman scream and in a flash, he was already on the other side of the room.

"This." Yoongi stated, dangling the cockroach lightly.

I tried to suppress my laughter.

"So you were not getting up?" Jungkook asked.

"What? The fuck! No!" Yoongi exclaimed.

The air around the room eased up a bit.

"Will you throw it out already or not, hyung?!" Hoseok looked like as if he would cry any second.

Yoongi hummed and in a swift motion, threw the cockroach out of the window.

"So...we are gonna try again, right?" Jimin dragged everyone back to the topic.

The guys looked at each other, and nodded determinedly.

"Well then..." Jungkook took out his index and middle finger and thumb and stood up.

The other six boys joined him one by one, and together they chanted.