Chapter 73

"My darling,
you hold so much sadness
in your eyes,
I can almost touch
the scars of your soul
and cry."

-Alexandra Vasiliu

_______________________________________

Jungkook's POV

After ghosting Hiah for almost two weeks, when Namjoon-hyung suggested me to go and clear things up, I agreed with him and went to her residence.

I waited for a few minutes before the door of her apartment was opened. She stood in front of me, a scowl on her face.

"Remembered me finally?" she asked.

"I- We need to talk." I replied.

"Why are you here exactly?"

"To talk. Of course." I replied.

She huffed and stepped aside to let me enter. I took a seat on the couch and she copied me. I noticed her opening her mouth to speak, but I beat her to it.

"Let us stop this act of loving each other now." I stated.

I didn't have the energy to beat around the bush and sugarcoat my words. I was overflowing with pain and the ones around me were bound to atleast get splashed by it.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"You know better. Let's break up. I can't continue this anymore." I said.

"You must be kidding!" Hiah got up abruptly, and the cushion that she was holding fell on the ground.

"No." I replied. "You must also have known that such a forced relationship could never continue for much long."

"Forced? Jungkook, nothing was forced. I really do love you." she countered, and looked on the verge of tears. I got up and went towards the big window that looked down upon the city of Seoul.

I could feel her eyes on my back.

"I only have one girl in my heart. And always will have. She...is the only one for me." I said, looking at the countless stars in the sky.

"So...so you are saying that you don't love me?" she asked, her voice cracking.

"Yeah. I don't." I replied. She was quiet for a moment before speaking, as if contemplating something.

"If that's the case, then I will make you love me." she said, her voice louder and clearer. I turned back abruptly at her statement.

"Hiah, it doesn't-" I stopped mid-sentence, looking at the person in front of me.

Hiah stood without even a thread covering her body, her dress pooled at her feet. I later realised it was actually a bathrobe.

"I am all yours. Have me. Love me." she said. I looked into her eyes and saw a hint of pleading. To say that I was shocked by the act would be an understatement.

Slowly, carefully, I went behind her. I picked up the robe from the ground, and put it back on her from behind.

"Cover yourself." I said quietly. "This is not you. The real you is so much different. I have met her. On the first day of our meeting. That was the real you. The gleam that is present in my members' eyes when we make music, I saw the same in your eyes when you acted. Someone who is passionate about what she is doing. I respect her. Please...Hiah...this...don't do this. Let's talk. Please. We can help each other. Let's talk."