Chapter 33

"And then, there's another kind of love : the cruelest kind. The one that almost kills its victims. Its called unrequited love. Of that I am an expert. Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone? We are the victims of the one sided affair. We are the cursed of the loved ones. We are the unloved ones, the walking wounded.

-Iris, The Holiday
__________________________________

Yoongi's POV

I would be lying if I said that I don't feel jealous whenever I see Taraa with others, or more specifically Jungkook.

I was absent-mindedly pressing the keys of my piano in my room, when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come inside." I answered, not bothering to look.

The door was kicked open, startling and making me look back, and there stood Taraa with her tongue pressed between her teeth and a tray with two cups in her hands.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to kick it so harshly." she apologised.

"It's fine. Just close it lightly." I directed her. "What did you bring?"

"Coffee."

"At this hour?" I asked, looking at the watch which showed that it was already past midnight.

"I saw the lights of your room on, so I thought better two than one." she answered. "Wait, don't tell me your sleep will be disturbed if you drink it?" she asked, frowning a bit.

"Nah! My sleep isn't affected by these things." I answered.

"Really? Same pinch!" she said and pinched me, making me hiss in pain.

I picked up my cup, glaring at her while she just sat there laughing.

She had such a playful laugh, that it automatically brought a smile to my lips.

"Were you playing piano? Now that I remember, you are amazing at it, right? Play something, please." she requested, her eyes big.

"Name a song, then." I said, getting up. We went to the room where other instruments were also kept, so as to not wake up others.

Taraa followed me and she was constantly tapping her finger on her cheek, as if thinking hard. "Idol! I love its music!" she finally said, taking a seat beside me in front of piano.

I nodded and recalling the notes in my mind for a minute, started playing the rhythm. I glanced at her, only to find her smiling from ear to ear, her eyes dancing along with my fingers on the piano.

"You can't stop me loving myself! Oh oh ooh oh Oh oh ooh oh oh oh Oh oh ooh oh!!" she made a mic from her fists and sang loudly, catching me by surprise.

I did a motion with my hands, asking her to lower her voice, to which she smiled sheepishly.

"Do you know how to play it?" I asked, stopping my hands after a moment.

"Yes, I mean...no, not exactly, I have played just the digital one." she informed me.

"I think they are crap." I said bluntly.