Chapter 9

Jungkook's POV

"I can't get up." Jimin hyung said.

"Me too." Hoseok hyung added, seriously. We looked at them worriedly.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Mr Song asked. All of us had gathered around their chairs, standing.

"I ate too much." Jimin answered earning a frantic nod from Hobi.

We all heaved a sigh of relief as we thought it was something serious by their expressions.

"I think I'll sit here for a bit longer." Jimin said, rubbing his stomach.

"Do you want to take a rest?" Mrs Song suggested. "You all also?" she added looking at rest of us.

The glutton-hyungs faces lighted up at this suggestion as if this was what they had wanted all along.

"Um, thank you, but we really don't want to burden you all anymore." Our leader said, bowing a little.

"It really is not a burden, dear. Besides, its always suggested to lie down for a bit after lunch." Mrs Song assured us.

After giving it a thought, we all finally agreed to the idea as we were also reminded of Jimin hyung's car sickness that gets worse if he ride it just after eating. To be truthful, I also wished to lie down as soon as possible.

When we had washed our hands, Taraa took us to a room with her. Jimin and Hobi were behind us, standing with the support of wall.

Just how much did they eat? Even I was embarrassed looking at their actions.

She opened the door and stepped aside to let us enter. What I saw was clearly not what I was expecting as this was the exact same room that we had dismissed as some store room while we were walking around the house.

It was a big room with light blue painted walls and windows on the wall opposite to the door, covered with royal blue curtains. Instead of bed, the mattresses were laid on the floor itself and covered with white sheets. Other than a little space near the cupboards, there was not a part of the floor that wasn't occupied by mattress. Pillows were also kept at a corner. The walls were decorated with fairy lights.

"Damn! It's amazing. Can I lie down?" Jimin asked, with his mouth agape and of course, still rubbing his stomach.

"Sure, if you want." Taraa replied, smiling.

So without wasting another second, he and Hoseok hyung went inside, picked up the pillows and lied down, letting out a sigh of satisfaction. We also copied them and went over to sit beside them, while Taraa went to the cupboard to take something out. She returned with a number of colourful sheets in her hand.

"Do you need this? I am keeping it here." she said, placing the sheets down beside me, which gave off a strong smell of fabric softener.

"Thank youu." V cooed, making a finger heart at her to which she chuckled softly.

"I will be going then." she said and when we nodded she left the room, closing the door behind her.

All of us lied down now, with Jin hyung finding a pink sheet and covering himself. After some time, Jimin and Hobi were already snoring, and the others had also drifted to sleep. I took out my phone and started playing games as I didn't feel so sleepy.

A little while later, I heard clunking of utensils and voice of flowing water as if from a tap. I could hear all these because this room was very near to the kitchen.

I couldn't help but exit my game and listen to the sudden melodious voice that reached my ears. I kept my phone aside, listening.

Taraa. She was singing a song but not realising that she was quite loud.

And I was not complaining.

The occasional clunking of utensils irritated me as they intervened in her voice. But after listening a bit more intently, unpleasant interruptions had died down for me.

All I could hear was her.

No, she was not a skilled singer. Her voice cracked sometimes, her pitches changed unevenly.

But her voice contained emotions. Emotions you could understand only if you looked in her eyes while she sang.

Which is why, right now, I could only make guesses. I wondered what kind of song it was, as I couldn't understand it.

Maybe it was a song of someone who had experienced love at first sight.

Maybe it was a song of a lover whose love had remained unrequited.

Was it a song of someone who had reunited with their lover or the one who had tragically been separated from them?

Maybe this song was a ray of hope for broken souls or even a song of regret.

These guesses and thoughts kept swirling until they were pushed at the back of my mind by her angelic voice which lulled me to sleep.

_______________

Taraa's POV

After I had finished washing the dishes, I exited the kitchen and went to my parents' room as my mother had called me a few seconds ago.

"Did you call?" I asked her.

"Yes, dear. Can you bring me new inhaler. This one's finished." she said, tossing me the old one. I caught it and threw it in the dustbin.

My mother had mild asthma due to which she needs inhaler from time to time.

I nodded and went to bring the inhaler but suddenly I realised that it was kept in the room where BTS were resting. If it was anything else it could have waited until they woke up, but since my mother was having trouble breathing I decided to bring it.

I knocked on the door but when no one opened I had no choice but to open it slowly. I tip-toed across the room, opened the cupboard and took the inhaler, praying the whole time that none of them woke up.

When I turned around I saw Taehyung curled like a ball and sleeping soundly. Whether he had a habit of sleeping like this or he was feeling cold, I had no idea. So I picked up a sheet and draped it over him. As soon as I put it, he pulled the sheet over his head and was soon out of my sight.

While others were sleeping rather peacefully, I noticed Jungkook stirring a bit and trying to adjust in Taehyung's sheets, which was of course impossible.

They were so adorable.

I picked up another sheet and put it over Jungkook and before anyone woke up, I exited the room silently, taking the inhaler with me.

__________________________________

A/N:

So, what do you think about this chapter? I realise that the story is very slow-paced but I really want to make it like that. So, pleeease bear with it. After a few more chapters maybe things will speed up.

And I had changed one thing in the first chapter. I changed the latest released album from Love Yourself : Answer to Love Yourself : Her.

Thank you for reading!

😊💜