Chapter 47

Taraa's POV

I and Mr. Man stood outside the prison, he talking to the guard and showing his and my ID to him. The guard nodded and let us enter the building.

"You sit here. I will be back in a minute." Mr. Man said, pointing at the nearby bench. I nodded and did as he told, while he went off in another direction, holding a file in his hand.

He came back a few moments later and I got up.

"Remember, you only have 30 minutes to talk." he reminded me the same thing which he had been repeating the whole time we were in the car.

"Got it." I said, once again.

"Now do you see that guard standing there?" he asked, tilting his head to the right. I followed his gaze and nodded. "Go to him and he will take you to meet Do-hyun." he said.

I thanked him again for allowing me to meet and he just waved his hand, asking me to leave.

I reached the guard and with a low 'Follow me', he turned around. I followed him without uttering a single word.

"Please switch off your phone." the guard said. I obliged and taking out my phone, switched it off.

He then took me to a big hall which was divided in two halves by a huge glass wall, which contained tables with chairs on both sides.

At small distances, telephones were kept in front of each chair.

Apart from me, there was only a single man sitting at the far left and talking through the telephone to the person who sat in front of him. He was dressed formally and as far as I could guess, he was his lawyer.

The guard motioned me to sit on the far right, which I did.

He looked at his watch, and so did I. A few minutes later, another guard brought a handcuffed person on the other side of the glass. He was wearing prison clothes and as he neared me, my body started trembling. I clenched my palms so tightly that my knuckles had turned white.

My throat suddenly felt dry and I gulped down water from the bottle that was given to me before entering.

Baek Do-hyun.

He came and sat opposite me. His face was expressionless and his physique thinner. He picked up the telephone and I copied him.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered.

"Hello." he said. I saw his expression softening a bit. I knew there was not much time, so I opened my mouth to speak. But he beat me to it. "Is it...is it really you, Daisy?" he asked.

I felt heavier hearing the old nickname.

"Yeah...yeah...yeah. It is me. Song Taraa." I replied.

"Look at you. You are all grown up now." he chuckled, but I could hear his voice wavering.

"And you have become old, Sunflower."

"Living in prison for 9 years sure takes a toll on your body." he replied. "And I still hate that stupid nickname." he added, shaking his head.