FIFTY FIVE

We sat on the train. I'd never been on a train before but I couldn't feed my curiosity. My brain was too preoccupied. I was tired, hungry. I wanted to go home. I wanted to see Tino and Gianni.

I fiddled with my fingers nervously, wiggling my toes in the new sandals I got.

It was funny how eager I was to see them and they probably didn't even search for me.

We'd changed our clothes all thanks to Vin who held a gun to someone's head and got his wallet. We also got some food and now, we were on a train seeing as Miranda had taken us two hours out of town.

A part of me felt eager to see my men -if I could still call them that. Another part of me was not so eager. The same part that carried a lot of disappointment, the fear that they didn't even look for me.

I laid my head on Vince's shoulder and tried to hold back the tears. I couldn't. He let me cry on his shoulder.

I fell asleep and when I woke up, I was in Vin's arms and we were walking towards the door of the familiar house. My heart was beating too quickly and I knew instantly that I did not want to see them.

I was scared of course. But I was more disappointed. Maybe they didn't love me enough to search for me.

"I'm not gonna leave your side, bambino. Take a deep breath" I nodded and struggled out of Vince's hold, successfully standing on my own. Vince turned the door knob and pushed the door open. The sight of the corridor wasn't pleasing in any sense of the word. Broken glasses littered the hallway and I held on to Vince's arm.

He walked in first and I followed behind him. We got to the living room and it was an even bigger mess.

Was this all they did? Mess up our home?

My right eye twitched in irritation and I grew angry.

Glass shattered everywhere. Empty bottles of Gianni's favorite chocolate vodka and a couple of Tino's books ripped into pieces.

The stuffed toys Vin got me were scattered on the couch and my favorite glass table was broken. The TV wasn't even there.

Footsteps resonated through the house and I exhaled, my heart dropping as Tino came into view.

"Fuck" he mumbled and pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and pulled a lighter out of his other pocket. His head raised towards us when he put the cigarette in between his lips and his eyes met mine but it seemed like he didn't notice me as his eyes searched around the room.

My heart was racing like it did when I was close to him. Of course, I still loved him.

Was it fair to me? No.

His eyes widened and they darted back to me again like he had just noticed me.

"Fiore?" His voice was hoarse and the cigarette in his hand dropped to the ground. Tears welled in my eyes. I wanted to run into his arms. I really wanted to.

I didn't.

I took steps back as he walked towards me. Vince stood in front of me protectively.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He snapped at Vince. I gripped Vince's shirt tight, breathing too quickly.

I wasn't ready to face them.

"She doesn't want you to touch her, Antonino. Respect that" Vince spoke in a hard tone and I was glad I had him with me.

I could almost imagine Tino's jaw and fist clenching. Ready for a fight.

"She knows I...Fiore? Is that true?" Tino's sounded heartbroken. I couldn't look at him. I simply hid like the angry coward that I was.

Vin led me up the stairs, to my room on Gianni's side of the house. As soon as I stepped into the room, I let out an exhale.

Vince locked the door and jumped into my bed. I eyed him and laughed, knowing that he probably missed the feel of a bed.

"You don't wanna sleep?" He offered and I shook my head, walking around the room. I hadn't been here in months. It almost felt unfamiliar.

Tino. He looked so tired. Dark bags under his eyes and bruises on his face.

Did they fight?

Where was Gianni?

Somehow, I knew that if they apologized, I'd forgive them. So, I refused to see them.
I realized that I didn't trust them as much as I used to and I had a right to that.
After all, they had left Vin and I to die in the hands of their miserable conquest.

"What the fuck do you mean by that? Are you drunk?" My heart skipped when I heard Gianni's voice. His voice was hoarse, stronger than I remembered.

"She's in the fucking room? Open it" Gianni called out again. I ran to the bed and jumped on it, scrambling to hide myself under the sheets.

"Dio" Vin groaned and sighed but he didn't move.

Silence reigned. Nothing. But I knew they were still behind the door.

"Angel?" I inhaled and nipped on my lower lip, tempted to answer. I wanted to be in his hold, hide my head under his arm, listen to the vibrations of his chuckles against his chest.

"I-I...just let me know that Tino isn't crazy" his voice quivered and tears welled in my eyes. I felt angry. He didn't have the right to make any demands but I wanted him to know that I was here.

"Go away!" I yelled and heard him sigh -it was a very loud one.

"Do you want me to bring you lunch?" He asked in that voice that made me shiver in delight. I was putty in their hands by default.

"O-or maybe you wanna sleep in the bigger bed?"

"The room is kinda small, baby. " I glanced around the room. I mean...yeah...I like our room better.

"I could bring you um...maybe a book?" He added again and I frowned, contemplating yelling at him.

"I-baby, I need to...I need to see you" His voice brown and I huffed, looking away from the white door.

"Get your fucking hands off me!" He yelled and my eyes narrowed as I stared at the door.

Was he talking to Tino like that? What had gotten into him?

I turned around in the bed and Vince was deep in his sleep, brows furrowed like he was fighting demons in his sleep. I kissed his cheek and shut my eyes, wondering if I would dream about my own demons.

Still hearing Gianni argue with Tino -who wasn't saying anything- I fell asleep. The fatigue embraced me and I drowned in a sleep that surely didn't hold any demons.

I still won't forget the hate I got for writing romance about a girl and a cheating pastor.😂
I'll do it again.😌
On this note - Pastor Sage is up on Amazon *winks nauseatingly*

I act like I'm okay but I genuinely wanna write a story about Adam and Eve but with Eve not sharing that apple with Adam......bye.

I sound like I'm drunk...I'm not. I don't drink. 🌚

Happy new year!

Enjoy!

-Aduke🌹