SIXTY TWO

She'd been gone since morning and fortunately, Gianni and I had been able to rearrange our room again

I changed the sheets and vacuumed while Gianni hung the less erotic paintings of her on the walls of the hallway and the stairs. He also took the liberty of filling her closet with more clothes.

And I was the one spoiling her?

I laid in bed, an arm behind my head as I read the book in my hand. My hands itched to have her in my hold.

I smirked, thinking about the little angel's strong interest in sitting on my face.

Of course, she could. She could make my face her throne anytime.

"I just got a call" Gianni announced, walking into the room. His sweatpants dipped low and he had a pencil behind his ear as he twirled a tape rule around his finger.

"Hmm?" Not that I wasn't interested. I was more interested in thinking about Wura riding my face and spasming so wildly as she came.

The thought was certainly more...appealing.

"Her mom sent a message -through her brother. Said she wants to see her" Now that, I was interested in.

"No" my jaw clenched. We just got back. We just fucking got her back and now, her mother wanted to pop into the picture.

My grip on the book caused the pages to crumple.

"Look, Tino. This isn't our d-"

"The fuck it is" I glared at Gianni for even thinking about it.

"Don't fucking entertain the thought, bambino. Cut all fucking ties with them until Fiore tells you otherwise" I pointed at him, my heart ached and he sighed, combing his fingers through his large mass of messy brown hair.

"Am I clear, baby?" I snapped and he laughed, shaking his head before walking to the bathroom.

My lips pulled up in a smile as I laid back in bed, reading the book. My eyes ran over each dark line of words as time passed.

I was vaguely aware of Gianni lying next to me but I pulled him close as he laid his head on a pillow.

"How you read those tiny words... Non avrei mai capito" Gianni wondered aloud and ripped the book out of my hand.

I sighed and rested my head on his taut abs, finding comfort in staring at the ceiling. It was much better than glancing at the clock each time to make sure Fiore didn't come home too late.

My mind was unsettled. I kept wondering 'what if' 'what if'. So, reading a book took my mind off it even if it was a tiny percentage.

"You always read books about sex" Gianni laughed and I rolled my eyes, closing them.