SEVENTY

Una rosa e la sua spina

A rose and its thorn.

Maybe it wasn't the most poetic thing I'd thought about but maybe it was. It was the only thing that popped up in my mind as I watched Fiore and Gianni walk around at the VIP lounge.

We missed our flight so we had to book another -and wait for two hours.

They were the most beautiful creatures I had ever set my eyes on. Gianni chuckled at something she said and shrugged his leather jacket off, draping it on her shoulders, over the cardigan she was wearing before he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist. She giggled, hiding her face in her hands.

"Adorable" the words left my lips even before I could think about them and like she heard me, she turned to with a smile and pointed at herself as if to ask 'Me?'.

For some reason, I was a lot more satisfied watching her and Gianni hold each other.

Gianni turned to me and pulled her in my direction. I leaned back and crossed my arms against my chest.

"Did you call me?" She dropped on my thigh and resting her chin on my chest, cupping my cheek like we weren't in a public space.

But when did that ever matter?

"No. But you're here anyways" I kissed her nose and she smiled sweetly. Her smile always made me feel like I was on a rollercoaster. Round-and-round. Nonstop.

She fiddled with the collar of my turtleneck and I raised a brow, holding her close. I knew she wanted something.

"Is there something you want, Fiore?" I patted her ass lightly and she nipped on her bottom lip as she nodded shyly, making me chuckle.

I wasn't sure I could get over how adorable she was.

"Ice cream" she whispered, glancing at Gianni to make sure he didn't hear and I laughed.

"Not right now, darling. It's cold here" I explained and she pouted, pulling away. She stood up and cleared her throat, refusing to meet my eyes.

I smiled.

"I want it. I'll get it...myself" she mumbled and stomped off to the bar. My eyes followed her as her hips swayed even under the shield of the oversized leather jacket.

"She's so fucking spoiled and you can only blame it on yourself" Gianni whispered next to me, rummaging through his pockets -probably to give Fiore the money she forgot she was going to need to buy ice cream- and I turned to him.
My lips turned up in a smirk as he raised a brow at me, silently asking 'what's it?'

I gripped his chin, digging my fingers into the sides of his cheek.

"You're just as spoiled, darling." I smirked and he gulped audibly, his dark eyes falling slowly to my lips.