SEVENTY THREE

Wuraola

I didn't want to go in. I didn't even recognize the house. I didn't know if it was mine but Gianni reassured me that it was. It didn't feel familiar and I didn't like it.

What if I went in a couldn't come out anymore? What if Tino and Gianni decided it was better to leave me here?

So, I gripped Gianni's sleeves tight so that he wouldn't leave.

The silence between us bothered me a lot. I wasn't sure of what they were thinking.

Regardless, we walked into the house and knocked on the door. That door, I recognized it too well.

"Who is it?" My heart dropped at the sound of my brother's voice and my throat clogged. It felt like I was choking.

"Breathe, angel. Breathe" Gianni cooed, patting my head and I did, inhaling deeply and exhaling harshly. My lungs felt too small. All the air in the world wasn't enough.

It felt like I was in a confined space.

"W-Wura?" I stared at my brother and even when my fingers shook, I squared my shoulders and jutted my chin but I still clung to Gianni's side. He looked a lot more different than he used to. His aura felt different too. Had he finally decided to clean up his act?
I doubted it.

He glanced at Tino and then at Gianni. Like he finally realized something, his brows furrowed.

"What do you want?" He assumed an attack stance and I realized he certainly didn't get any smarter over time.

"Where's my mom?" I asked and he glanced at me, cautiously pointing his thumb into the house. I cleared my throat, clenching my fists to hide my shaking fingers before I walked into the house.

Was it ungrateful of me to say that I didn't miss being here? I didn't miss her. I didn't want to be her. But I was curious.
Did they forget about me? Did they wonder about me often?

Maybe I was a bad person. Still, I didn't care.

I got to the living room and there she was, sitting on the couch and staring at a framed picture on the table.

Slowly her gaze moved to me and she smiled softly, patting the couch. I wondered why didn't seem so surprised. Did she know I'd be here?

"You're back...Wura mi" she smiled and her smile hurt my heart.

"Do you want me to cook you something?" She asked again, like I just came back from a three minute walk. She stood up and walked towards me but just as she was about to walk past me, she stopped in her tracks and slowly turned to me.

Disbelief was etched on her features and a sob escaped her lips as she cupped my face, running her hands over my body.

"It's you. It's really you. Where have you been? W-who took you? Did they do anyth-"

"I'm fine. I just came to see you" I shrugged and she frowned, looking utterly confused.

"You just came to see me? Kilo mean? (What do you mean?)"  she didn't seem too pleased as she pulled back and glanced at Tino but her eyes didn't last too long on him. When they settled on Gianni, her eyes widened in fear as she pushed me behind her.

"What do you want?" She snapped at Gianni who smirked and chuckled, sitting down on the couch.

"Me?" Gianni pointed at himself and shrugged. He tilted his head and pointed at me, a smile on his face. My smile widened and I ran towards him, sitting next to him as I stared at my mom whose eyes were wide.

"Wuraola...who are these men?" I hesitated a little.

"My boyfriend...s" I fiddled with my fingers, nipping on the insides of my cheek as I stared down at my thighs.

"W-What? Boyfriend?" She probably didn't hear that I added an 's' to that.

"Boyfriends, mother-in-law." Gianni sang and placed his hand on mine, a silent comfort.

"What? What is wrong with you? Preying on an innocent little girl" She snapped and I pursed my lips, mad that she was talking to them like that and still trying to make me feel like I was a little girl.

"I'm twenty, mom. I'm not a little girl anymore" I defended, looking up at her and she had tears in her eyes, staring at me in disbelief. I gulped and fiddled with my fingers, standing up.

"I-I don't wanna be here because I'm scared that somehow...you'll lock me up and never let me out again. I'm happy with Tino and Gianni" I confessed and let out a sigh.

"I just came to let you know that I'm fine." I mumbled and shuffled towards Tino, tugging on his sleeve. He ran his palm over my hair lightly, his own silent way to comfort me.

"You should go down with Gianni. I'll talk with your mom for a while, yeah" Tino smiled at me when I looked up at him. He ran his thumb over my cheek as Gianni led me out of the house.

The sound of my mother screaming filled my ears but it became inaudible the farther Gianni and I walked.

"How do you feel?" Gianni asked and I looked at him. His eyes were warm and I wrapped my arms around him. He sighed, almost like a sigh of relief and I smiled.

"I love you" I mumbled and he chuckled, running his hand back and forth over my back.

"I love you more, Tesoro" I rested my face against his chest as the car waited next to us.

A few minutes later, Tino walked out of he house, hands in the depth of his pockets with a smile on his face. I ran towards him, hugging him and he chuckled.

"Someone is looking happy" he laughed, spinning me around and I giggled, nodding.

"Thank you and I love you" I sang and Gianni joined in the hug. Tino chuckled, kissing my forehead.

"I love you so much more than you know, Fiore"

"I love you more than Tino does" Gianni kissed my cheek and I giggled.

I knew they loved me -probably even more than I knew but I'd never compare one to the other because they loved me the same, only in different ways.

"I'm hungry" I fluttered my lashes at Gianni who scoffed and kissed my cheek again.

"Let's go get you something to eat cause if we leave it to Gianni, you might just eat leaves for lunch" Tino patted Gianni's ass, walking to the car and I laughed, running after him and tugging Gianni along with me.

📍
*hides behind the sofa*
I know I promised to update a long time ago. I'm sorry, darlings. I've been a little busy. I hope this chapter was a little comforting for you as it was for me.
It'll be a double update.
Enjoy!
-Aduke🦋