TWELVE

I didn't feel too comfortable with the eyes of everyone on me

I didn't feel too comfortable with the eyes of everyone on me. I gripped Tino's arm and played with his thick fingers. His fingers flexed as I entwined my fingers in his like he was trying to calm me down.

After all, it was the first time I had been in the presence of so many people; people that I didn't know since I was a child. However, I couldn't deny that it felt good. No, not the people looking at me like I was some foreign specimen. I meant the drive to the university felt nice. The serene environment. The colorful clothes.

I couldn't go back to the university because I was a university graduate. But for a few seconds, I wondered how it would feel to be like them. Laughing with my 'friends', walking to classes, holding my bag over my shoulder with dark bags under my eyes.

"Are you okay, Fiore?" He asked and I nodded hesitantly, gripping his arm tighter. I liked being outside. The air felt nice.

"Professor Ricci" a girl with the blondest hair I had ever seen popped in front of us as we walked through the halls of the university. She wore a skirt just as short as mine but she was taller than I was. She had endless legs.

I tilted my head at her and eyed her. I had never seen someone so pale before. Whenever I looked pale, my mom usually attributed it to some sickness but this girl looked perfectly fine.

Tino pulled me close like he was trying to protect me. I enjoyed the feel of his body against mine and the scent of his cologne. His muscles and large arms wedged in between my breasts and I inhaled.

"Jasmine" his tone was just was hard as it was when he spoke to everyone but me. I bit down on my lip and giggled lightly. The girl clearly heard me and shot me a look of annoyance.

"Uhm...I just wanted to ask a few questions about that book you asked us to read. Can we discuss this in your office?" She smiled sultrily, twirling her hair around her finger. Her blue eyes went wide and I frowned, looking at Tino.

"Whatever you have to ask, ask in class" Tino walked past her, pulling me along with him. I glanced at the girl behind us and stuck my tongue out at her. She eyed me deviously and stomped her foot on the ground.

He led me into his office and I smiled at the clear features he had added to personalize it. A few brightly colored hair bands sat on the table, it was a mess. Books were stacked on either side of the table and my hands twitched to pick one out and reach while sitting on his lap. Since this morning, I had found out that it was a very comfortable position -sitting on his lap.

A variety of cigarettes and cigars sat in packs on the table and I shook my head.

The office smelled like him. It was nice. The satisfying smell of his cologne, the smell of old books and cigarettes. I didn't exactly like that last smell.

I ran my fingers along the edge of his glass desk and walked to the other side of the table, sitting down on his chair.

When I looked at him, his eyes were already on me. He shrugged his coat off and let it drop on the black leather couch with his eyes never leaving mine.