f o r t y s i x

(WARNING ⚠️ : MILD PHYSICAL VIOLENCE AND ABUSE MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER

(WARNING ⚠️ : MILD PHYSICAL VIOLENCE AND ABUSE MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. THANK YOU.)

Elina's fingers tightened around the sword she was holding

Elina's fingers tightened around the sword she was holding. She felt Aiden's worried gaze on her and gave him a quick reassuring look back. She sucked in a breath slowly and straightened her back. She didn't want to look weak or frail before this man.

"That's Crown Princess Elina to you." She replied frostily.

The man in question smiled. "Now now, sweetest, don't be like that. Remember all those times-" Prince Eric started.

"You are nothing to me." Elina snapped. "I'd rather die than being called your family."

Eric chuckled. "Irony has always been your strong point."

A sudden shot of white light hit him on the chest, throwing him on the ground roughly. Aiden's eyes glinted furiously. Eric coughed and wiped the blood that trickled past his lips on his sleeve. Anger flickered in his eyes but it was gone as quickly as it had appeared.

"Crown Prince Aiden Lockhart." He drawled out. "You've grown up well. The last time I saw you in person, you were still holding onto your mother albeit she was a little, well, dead." He laughed.

"You fncking bastard!"

Aiden lunged for him with his sword but Elina pulled him back, wrapping her hands on his arm. "Don't take his bait." She whispered. Aiden breathed in deeply, seething eyes still fixed on Eric Dragna.

"You should be ashamed of yourself." Elina spat. "Not only are you a disgrace to the family but you are also a cold blooded murderer. How do you sleep at night knowing that the blood of so many innocent people is flowing from your hands?"

Eric stood up and dusted his clothes gingerly. "Sleep?" He scoffed slowly walking towards her. "For thirteen years I have worked tirelessly with only one resolve in my head. There will come a day when I finally take my rightful position as the High King and sit on my throne that will be drenched in your..." He was close enough that she could just reach over and strangle his neck. "Blood."