t w e n t y s e v e n

After a whole day of exploring the palace, frightening atleast fifteen guards and three cooks, I was tired

After a whole day of exploring the palace, frightening atleast fifteen guards and three cooks, I was tired. After a quick shower, I picked up the book I borrowed from the library and went to sit on the widow sill.

I wanted to read more about this world's history and figured the library was my key. Most of the books were in languages I couldn't read and after a tedious search with help from the girls, I found a few that could help.

Zach and Jason left on an errand and won't be back until tomorrow or the day after. Stella looked even more sick now that he was gone. I made several attempts to talk to her at the library but she dodged the topic everytime it came up.

I sighed as I settled comfortably by the window. I unfastened the latches and breathed in as the cool breeze poured into the room. The moon shone bright with all its stars twinkling like tiny diamonds scattered in the dark night sky.

I fiddled with the ring Cole gave me for my birthday. The honey coloured stone twinkled just like the stars when light fell on it. The charm bracelet Melissa had given was still dangling on my wrist, the charms making tiny metal sounds whenever they hit each other. I had brought whatever I thought would be useful and could carry on me.

My phone!

Scrambling from my seat, I frantically ran to the closet when I had stashed my cloak and my old clothes when I got here. Along with my phone. I remember taking it at the last moment. After a few minutes of digging, I found it. I turned it around and sure enough, the phone cover Kyle had got me stared back at me.

I am the lost princess

Closing the closet door behind me, I settled down by the window again. My lips quirked up into a smile at the memory. That seems so long ago now. Biting my lip, I rubbed my thumb across the cover. I wonder what both of them were doing right now. Cole must have left for college and Dad on one of his business trips. But Kyle, he would be left alone without Nana and I there.

My vision became blurry and I blinked. Two tears fell on the screen. And then some more. I hoped Nana was alright, wherever she was. I hoped I could see Kyle again even just to hear one of his lame snarky comments. I hoped I would see all of them again. I pressed the power button and thankfully my phone lit up. A picture of Kyle and I glowed back on my face. We were both making faces at the camera. I chuckled and sniffled. I had around 70% charge left and decided to preserve it for some more time. My amulet glowed warm on my chest and I picked it up.