b o n u s : c o r o n a t i o n

If the Royal Wedding was considered a huge celebration, Coronation preparations are no less than a festival by itself

If the Royal Wedding was considered a huge celebration, Coronation preparations are no less than a festival by itself. The decorative blues and subtle pastels from the wedding were exchanged for the official colors of the High Kingdom- a brilliant ruby red and gold.

Elina stood still patiently as her hand maidens got her ready. She was dressed in the richest of wine reds and angelic white. It was much simpler than her wedding dress - just as the Crown Princess wanted it.

She was beginning to think that her dress makers loved allowing her shoulders to breathe because here she was, in an off the shoulder gown that hugged her figure on the top and flared out ceremoniously from the waist.

"I feel so much more lighter than I did on my wedding day." Elina laughed.

The corset was made from the softest of velvet and whispers of cotton. A ruffle of velvet formed for her sleeves that draped over the curve of her arm. They were made voloumous by the hints of tulle that shaped them into balloon sleeves. Two thin straps of red fabric stretched on either shoulder, holding the dress in place.

The neckline precariously plunged but after Elina's gentle coaxing about attire protocols, her tailor finally gave in and attached a piece of sheer tulle to cover her exposed skin. The skirt, much like her wedding dress, was layered in lengths of tulle under a satin fabric as pure as fresh snow. It pooled around her feet and possessed a much shorter train. Golden embroidery covered the entire upper half of her dress and scattered over the skirt.

"Well, if it had been left to Wendy, you would have required two guards just to carry your dress around for you." Hailey replied from her seat on the bed.

Wendy is the name of the head of dress makers and the very person Elina had lengthy conversations about attire protocols. The Crown Princess gingerly tucked a lock of platinum blonde hair behind her ear. Somehow after hours of laying her hair over steam and continuous brushing, her hand maidens had perfected the light curls into straight locks.

Elina watched as one of the maids deftly braided two locks of hair from either side of her head and combined them as one, allowing the plait to fall over her back in the midst of the tightly stringed corset. She finished her work with a floral crystal comb slid snugly on the right side of her head. They refrained from placing the tiara that Elina wore on a daily basis. She wouldn't be needing it anymore.

"Do wear the trinket that my little brother especially had made, for you." Hera chirped as she entered the chambers.

Elina smiled at her through the mirror. "I will. Both of you look beautiful, if I do say so myself. Certain somebodies will have their eyes all over the two of you." She smirked.

Hailey adorned a blush pink dress while Hera settled for a caramel toffee colored dress that greatly complimented her tanned skin - a reward for all the training she did on a daily basis out in the sun.