f o u r

Deck the halls with boughs of holly,Fa-la-la-la-laa-la-la-la-la!Wake up from the bed baby Ellie,Fa-la-la-la-laa-la-la-la-la!T's Christmas Eve and your b-day,Fa-la-la-la-la-laa-la-la-la!Strike the alarm and join the par-tay!Fa-laa-la-la-la-la-la-la...

Fa-la-la-la-laa-la-la-la-la!
Wake up from the bed baby Ellie,
Fa-la-la-la-laa-la-la-la-la!
T's Christmas Eve and your b-day,
Fa-la-la-la-la-laa-la-la-la!
Strike the alarm and join the par-tay!
Fa-laa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!

"Not again." I groan into the pillow. I switch the alarm off with one hand and rub my sleepy eyes with the other.

It was all the work of my oh so great brothers.

They thought it would be wonderful to wake me up early in the morning every year since I could remember, with a special song as my alarm on my birthday. And since my birthday is on the eve of Christmas, it doesn't help the situation.

Once I'm done brushing and showering, I change into warm clothes. It consisted of a faded blue jean, a plain black shirt along with a black jumper which had a reindeer embroidered in the front paired up with my black sneakers. I brush my hair down into soft brown ringlets and apply my mascara and lip-gloss.

Tucking my amulet, which for once did not glow like it did the other night under the sweater, I smile at my reflection in the mirror. The amulet stopped glowing after a few minutes of tapping and turning it over. I still had no clue why it did, what it did.

The house is eerily quiet as I make my way downstairs for breakfast. The sound of my footsteps could be heard echoing through the kitchen.

That's strange. Usually, the whole lot would be here to wish me or at least to gobble up the special birthday breakfast.

"Kyle?" I call out.

No response.

"Cole?"

Again, no response.

"Hailey? Mel?"

Nope.

"Jase?"

Nothing at all.

Where is everyone? They better have not left me alone in the house.

I open and shut different doors, but not a soul I found. That's when I hear something.