s i x

"I'm going for a walk

"I'm going for a walk. I'll be back soon." I yell and hear 'okay's' from different parts of the house. I shut the door firmly behind me and after making sure my laces are tied up properly, I walk down the drive.

The cool winter breeze brushes through my hair. The snow crunches under my feet and I'm glad I wore my boots instead of my usual sneakers. I pull the sides of my beanie down and stuff my hands into the pockets of my hoodie.

"It's colder than usual, isn't it?"

I jump at the sudden voice and receive a few startled looks from the people passing by.

"What are you doing here? I thought you preferred the moon than the sun."

"I was bored and decided to visit. I went to your house but you weren't there so I figured you would be out. Though I can't understand why you want to go on walks in this chilly weather!" Reese says. "Are you going anywhere in particular?"

I shake my head no. A smile lights up his face and he nods to himself. He pushes back his hood and for some reason it feels like I'm seeing his face for the first time all over again. It's been a week since I've known him but everytime he appears, I don't understand why my mind just takes it as a normal occurring and does not panic. At all. It's all very strange. And yet, there's something about Reese that keeps me intrigued. Connected.

"I'll take you somewhere then."

"I was told not to go anywhere with strangers." I say. I stop walking and sit down on a nearby bench. I rub my hands together, cursing internally for forgetting to put on gloves. The road is empty, save for a few squirrels chasing each other across the snow.

"So we are back to strangers now?"

I play with the ring on my finger and look down at my feet.

"I only know for a fact that you are not from around here and of course, your name. Hell! I haven't even seen your face. That pretty much makes you a..."