f i f t y t w o

Kyle soon realised that it was impossible for him to fight up there along with the others

Kyle soon realised that it was impossible for him to fight up there along with the others. Not only did he not know how to fight with an actual sword or use his powers without hurting himself, the mode of transportation terrified him.

Instead he resigned to help the healers. Being as dark as it was outside and with the strong breeze that even the windows couldn't keep out, candles weren't an option. So Kyle did what he knew best. Fixing things. And people.

He used his electric crackling energy to make sparks that kept the firewood burning bright. He was sure atleast half the nurses in here thought he was some sort of incarnation of a God when he helped revive people with the lowest amount of energy he managed to sustain. Frying unearthly beasts were his newest speciality. And he felt strangely proud of it.

"Kyle, a patient needs your assistance." Hailey called.

"Alright, he is stable. I'll leave the rest to you." Kyle said and rushed to where Hailey and Melissa stood near a bed. They were supposed to be out there in the midst of the battlefield but the scarcity of healers forced them to help in here instead especially since mages were known for their extremely effective healing spells.

"Hold her down." Kyle warned as he pressed a hand of crackling energy on the girl's chest. She bucked forward along with his hand. "Okay, again." His eyes glowed as her body bucked forward. "Once more. Make sure her vitals are fine."

The girl bucked forward and sucked in a shuddering breath. The movement splattered some blood on Kyle from the semi-open wound on her abdomen which Melissa had been mending before her vitals precariously dropped scaring the nurse who was attending to the girl before Hailey popped in and ushered the nurse to take a breather.

Kyle tugged the little washcloth he had tucked in his pants and wiped the blood off the soldier's face. "You're going to just fine." He said with a small smile and pat her hand.

A few minutes later, he popped out of the medic bay to breath in air that didn't smell like disinfectants, blood and burnt flesh. The door opened behind him and he glanced to check if he was required again but instead found Hailey with a water glass.