n i n e

"We are going to have go back home

"We are going to have go back home. It's where she belongs. She has been on this planet for thirteen years, it's time. We have to train her in order to survive."

Stella sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time in two hours. She rubbed her temple slowly with her index and thumb fingers.

I observed the way her ears twitched at the slightest sounds, just like that of an animal. She was obviously a fae. A pretty one at that too. Her wavy blonde hair was plaited into one thick braid with ribbons woven in between them. Her bright orange eyes looked at each of us.

Reese sat slumped on the couch next to her. His mind seemed to elsewhere. His usually bright blue eyes were dull and his brown hair looked like he had run his hands through it constantly. For a moment, I wondered if his damp mood had anything to do with the incident with Goddess Amare three days ago.

The marking on my neck instinctingly seemed to tingle. Unlike Stella who had those pointed ears of a Fae, he had the same ears as normal people did. It was that of a Mage. Atleast that's what the borrowed books from Nana told me.

Yes, I had done my research.

No, there wasn't a speck of information about who I was or where I'd come from.

I wasn't that famous yet. Pity.

I wonder what the kids in my history class would think, if they were sub-consciously reading about a girl from their class who suddenly went missing after the Christmas holidays and never came back. If they could recognise me first that is.

We were seated in the living room. It was like we were gathered round to plot some serious crime. That would be much easier than this anyway. Maybe it's only because I have no clue what the frick they are talking about. No cussing in this household kids. Ground rules to be a Dawson.

What are you thinking?

Holy-

I squeaked in surprise and then tried to turn it into a cough. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing to stare at me. Awkward...