f i f t y t h r e e

Elina laid him back down gently and stood up on wobbly feet

Elina laid him back down gently and stood up on wobbly feet. Right then, the fluttery feeling returned with full force. Aiden's amulet hummed in her hand. A loud roar startled her so much that she almost dropped the amulet. The air shifted and Elina's hair swayed with the wind.

The shift in the atmosphere caught Eric's attention. Elina's eyes sparked to life - the gold in them so vivid that her eyes looked almost entirely white. The runes on her skin glimmered like diamonds. A white magic circle hovered above Eric's black one. His shadow arms at once hurled themselves at Elina.

A gigantic figure swooped down and Elina looked up to the sky just in time to lock gazes with eyes as wild and bright as a sunflower. Her eyes traveled across the liquid gold scales and exotic crimson red skin. The majestic beast landed right in front of her. A deep rumbling noise from the beast echoed throughout the area. The shadows disintegrated into nothing when they touched the shield that appeared like a large dome above them.

She glanced at the dragon's glowing horns and spikes on the tail. Elina stared in awe and slowly took a step forward. The dragon watched her completely still. Elina almost felt self conscious at the scrutiny but she reached out her arm to touch his head. She felt a surge of power pass through her body the moment her hand came in contact with his skin. The dragon growled softly and pressed his head further into her hand.

The white magic circle hummed and divided into mini circles over the entire black shadow circle. Elina found the dark veins retracting but not completely fading out of existence. Her body was battling hard with the dark shadow magic. Elina returned her attention to the dragon before her. Her eyes traveled over his body again. A thought popped into her head. She smiled up at her Gemina.

"Kyro."

"Is that my name?"

"Do you...like it?" Elina asked rather unsure.

"Do you like it, My Lady?"

His deep, gravely voice in her head was something she would have to get used to.