t e n

"Kyle, one more packet of something and that bag is going to blow up on your face!" Hailey said eyeing the bag my brother was currently hauling across the room

Kyle froze in his tracks and turned around. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Well since they are going a long trip, I packed a few extra things." He said emphasising on 'long'.

Kyle subtly pushed the bag behind him with his leg as if that would protect it from under Hailey's scrutinizing glare.

"That bag doesn't look like a few extra things to me, brother dearest." I said, leaning against the door frame.

Kyle gave me a dark look. I smirked in return. Hailey, Melissa and Jason had popped in to say hello yesterday and were quite shocked to see me. Atleast Mel and Jase were. Hailey just smiled giving me a knowing look. I swear that girl has more secrets than everyone else combined.

Nana and Stella took turns to fill them in. Surprisingly, it turns out that the three of them already knew Stella quite well. Went to the same Academy of Magic or something along those lines.

Nana later explained to me that Hailey, Mel and Jase had been sent here to keep an eye on me when my brothers weren't around. Hailey and Jason are Mages while Melissa is a Fae. Not lying, I was upset and angry. But soon realised that they are staking their lives to protect mine.

However, they didn't recognise Aiden. Stella told them that he joined her a few months ago. A new recruit. Mel and Jase looked convinced but Hailey still had her doubts. I even heard her telling Kyle in the kitchen later that he reminded her of someone. But she couldn't remember who.

"What are you guys still doing here? We are waiting downstairs. Its getting late." Melissa said.

"We'll be there in two." Kyle replied, picking us his bag. He looked expectantly at us. I rolled my eyes.

"Still don't know how to use my powers Kyle."

"I'll take care of it. You go down with Melissa." She said with a sigh. Kyle brightened up at once.