t w e n t y f i v e

We arrived at the city the next morning

We arrived at the city the next morning. I looked around in awe. The whole place looked beautiful and very busy. It reminded me of the market place in Cralan, only this one was no measly market.

The houses looked bigger and the people wealthier. Everyone had a smile on their face that didn't quite reach their eyes. Their clothes finely made and each one has some sort of jewellery on them. It was a chilly morning and I was thankful for my thick cloak as I wrapped it closer to my body.

The cobblestone streets rose dust as carts went to and fro down the road. Long poles with a lantern hanging from the curved tip lined each street. I supposed they worked as streetlights. Crimson flags with the royal crest dotted the city. Some houses even had overhead bridges connecting the two sides of the road. Children ran around playing while the adults continued with their work, some even stopped to talk when they saw people they recognised. Nobody minded us.

Flower bushes and tiny plants lined the more residential areas of the city. Some houses even had ivy covered walls or atleast what looked like ivy to me. The houses were of different shapes and structures, suiting the type of people living in it.

And among all the houses and shops stood the Royal palace, looking magnificent in all its glory. It was mounted atop a small hill. My breath hitched as more portions of the palace came into view. The palace walls glistened when sunlight fell on it. Flags waved along with the breeze and I could see a few dragons going back and forth from the palace.

Unlike the Adealith and Cralan where the native people held the most population number, Corona was mixed with different races of people. We had sent the dragons back on their way as soon as we had landed in the city.

There was a sinking feeling in my stomach as we made our way to the palace. Although nobody seemed to care about us, I still felt like somebody was watching our every movement. I thought I would be happy to be back to my supposed homeland but all I could feel was dread. It seems Stella shared my feeling too because she looked paler than ever.

She's been this way since we escaped from Lord Dimitri's house. I wondered if something happened before I got to her or if the events had finally shaken her up. Aiden was even worse. Although he tried not to show it much, it was evident from his actions that he was uncomfortable about something. I glanced at the ring on his finger and felt a familiar spark of pain shoot through my neck.