b o n u s : b a b y s t e p s p t. I

"Do you need another bar of chocolate?" Aiden asked

His brow furrowed in concentration as he rummaged through the little backpack. Aiden made a noise of satisfaction as he pulled out a snickers bar. Elina took the offering after Aiden unwrapped it for her and nibbled on it.

"She's going to need more than just sugar, you know." Jason quipped from behind.

Elina shot him a glare. Jase threw his hands up in surrender. "Or I can get you more of those colorful fruity crap that you like so much."

"I did eat some dinner last night." Elina sighed. "But it just won't stay in for long."

She shifted in the seat unmistakably trying to find a good position to rest her swollen feet. Aiden placed a soothing hand on her knee and Elina felt some of her fatigue slipping away. She threw him a grateful look which quickly into surprise when she felt a kick, deep in her belly.

Elina placed her palm over her stomach. "He's getting more active." She breathed. At that moment, with the sunlight framing her face, she looked radiant as ever.

"I'm glad. It's getting much more difficult to wait for his arrival these days." Aiden chuckled. He leaned over to kiss her forehead. Elina smiled and rest her head on his shoulder.

"As much as I love the both of you, please spare me from the affectionate display. I see enough of it as it is back home. This is supposed to be my day off." Jason complained.

"Let them be. They're going to be new parents soon. This is the last bit of 'you and me' time they're going to be getting in a very long time." Hailey said.

She sat down next to Elina, handing her a bottled water. Hera slipped into the row behind them, seating herself elegantly next to Jason. Julian stayed back at the palace, caught up with the new batch of recruits, leaving only the five of them - Hailey, Jase, Hera, Aiden and a very pregnant Elina - to attend Kyle's medical school graduation.

It was only supposed to be Hailey in the beginning, really. And then Elina coaxed Aiden into letting her tag along, it being her brother's graduation and all. Which then led to both Aiden and Jase joining the festivity. Though Jason had only shrugged when asked the reason. Elina wondered if he missed the place, however different it was from here. She knew she did.