e i g h t e e n

"Uncle Eric! Uncle Eric! You're back!" Princess Elina yelled wiggling out of her mother's arms

The little five year old ran straight into her uncle's waiting arms, squealing as he threw her in the air and caught her again. King Trystan frowned looking at the reunion.

"Right. I don't exist as long as Eric is here." He grunted looking at his brother who was currently adjusting the clasps of the cerulean blue bracelet, he had picked up on the way for his niece.

He lightly pressed a kiss on Queen Genevieve's forehead and smiled down at her with that special smile he kept only for her.

"Did the healers come in to check up on you?" King Trystan asked.

"Yes, they did. The babies are healthy. How did the trip go?" Queen Genevieve said. She smiled as her husband bent down to kiss her stomach and whisper something.

"It went well. Eleandra has accepted to let us help with the damage. It took quite a bit of convincing but- wait babies?" King Trystan blinked.

Queen Genevieve's eyes widened.

"I wasn't supposed to tell you that." She groaned.

Before she could say anything else, King Trystan kissed her full on the lips. They broke apart after a second or two when they heard gagging noises from behind them. King Trystan rolled his eyes.

"Elina, don't you have lessons to attend? Eric why are you still here?"

Queen Genevieve gasped and slapped his arm.

"Don't be rude, Trys! I am so sorry Eric."

"It's all in good humor, Your Highness." Prince Eric said with a polite smile. "I better leave and get some rest before dinner. Good day." He bowed and went on his way.

"Come here you little munchkin, my my you've grown. I might not be able to lift you up on my shoulders anymore if you keep this up." King Trystan said, lifting his little princess into his arms.