f o u r t e e n

"But Nurse Merida!"

"But Nurse Merida!"

"Come now princess, the Royal Family of Avrael will be here soon for their visit. We need to get you cleaned up."

The five year old pouted as her nurse gently coaxed her into leaving the training grounds. She had been watching the soldiers train and tried copying their movements with her wooden sword.

The servants bowed as they passed through the long corridors of the palace. The preparations for the arrival of the Royal Mages of Avrael were in full swing. They were very old friends of the Dragnas and visited once Corona once in a while during the winter festival.

The princess was dressed in a thick gray woolen dress with knee high maroon socks and black buckle-up shoes. She slipped on her favorite black winter coat and sat down as her nurse began to brush her long platinum blonde hair.

Nurse Merida braided a portion of her hair and pinned the rest with a small red clip shaped like a bow.

"There, looking as pretty as ever. You are the splitting image of your mother."

Elina smiled at her nurse through the mirror. From far off, the sound of the big bell was heard in loud chimes. The door opened just as the last chime sounded.

Queen Genevieve walked in, one hand tucking behind a lock of hair and the other placed protectively over her stomach.

"Mother!"

The Queen laughed as her little daughter wrapped her arms around her waist.

"Do you think the babies can hear us right now?" She asked, eyes shining.

"Of course they do, pumpkin. Do you want to tell them something?"

Nurse Merida and Queen Genevieve watched in amusement as Elina made her mother sit on the bed. She kneeled down in front of her and placed her palm on Queen Genevieve's stomach.