b o n u s : r o y a l w e d d i n g p t. I

The palace bustled with life

The palace bustled with life. Maids and manservants rushed about fixing a lopsided curtain or a flower bunch that drooped too low. Plates of food slid onto the table waiting to be tasted and approved. Tailors stepped in and out of the palace several times a day - whether it was to fix a loose piece of tulle or attach an extra embroidery pattern on the back - it had to done and dusted in a week's time .

The kitchens were by far the busiest part of the palace and Elina's favorite place to hang out. But lately, the smell of anything remotely sweet gave her a migraine. Hailey and Jase had made it their personal mission, even going as far as joining hands and plastering on a wide smile when the other made a particularly snarky comment about personal tastes, to bring forth the best menu for the ceremony.

The ceremony.

Her wedding ceremony. Elina subconsciously played with the silver band on her ring finger. Her engagement ring. It was a simple yet beautiful design - a seafoam green gem studded by tiny diamonds on either side of the bluish-green stone. The unusual color of the gem made her love it more.

The sparkling gem reflected the light from the fire, catching the attention of the palace tabby cat. She belonged to one of the kitchen cooks and became fast friends with the Crown Princess. She came to her now, purring and coddling her leg.

"Hello to you too, Nessie." Elina picked up the tabby and scratched her behind the ear earning a series of content purrs.

The aroma of freshly baked buns filled Elina's olfactory senses. She placed her now empty mug of ginger ale in the sink and set the tabby down by the window sill. One of the kitchen cooks Sylvie, a bright eyed young Fae, packed the freshly baked fruit buns neatly in a basket complete with a white cloth to cover the top and offered it to the Princess.

"Thank you. Have a good day!" Elina greeted as she took the basket from the girl.

"Have a wonderful day, Your Highness." Sylvie bowed.

Elina hummed as she made her way to the garden where the rest of the gang awaited her. Julian stood at the entrance of the garden door. He bowed and smiled pleasantly when she reached him.