f i v e

I pull on the jumper Nana gave us as I go downstairs

"Merry Christmas sweetheart!" Nana greets.

"Merry Christmas Nana." I say and kiss her cheek.

"Merry Christmas fam and that smells absolutely amazing grandmother dearest. You're going to get us plump in no time." Kyle says as he and Cole enter the kitchen.

"Merry Christmas to my amazing family!" Cole says ruffling my hair. I groan and pat down the mess he made.

Nana hands us each a plate filled with bacon, scrambled eggs and two grilled cheese sandwiches.

I bite into the sandwich and almost moan at the taste. I totally agree with my brother right now, a few more days with food like this and I'll be mistaken for being pregnant. But I guess, food babies count too.

We go to the living room once breakfast is done. Cole separates our presents and hands them over to each of us.

I take the first box and see that it's from Kyle. Phone cases lay neatly packed inside when I rip open the box. As I pick up the first one, I discover that there were more than a few - six to be exact. Half of them were Disney themed which I completely fell in love with.

"You like them? I handpicked each one for you. I may have enjoyed it a little too much and gone overboard but they were just so adorable." Kyle pauses unwrapping and nods at the cases in my hand with a toothy grin.

"They are beautiful. Thank you so much. I love them!" I say and give him a huge smile. I shuffle through the cases to pick one for my phone and a white case with a little golden crown catches my eye.

"I'm the lost princess." I read out the words written underneath the crown.

All of a sudden, the room turns silent. Nana's face looks slightly pale, and Cole is looking at me with wide eyes. Kyle goes into a coughing fit and I hit his back a few times until he regains his composure. He stares at me like a deer caught in headlights.

"What did you just say honey?" Nana asks slowly. Both my brothers look at me like kids who just got told that Santa doesn't exist.

"I'm the lost princess." I repeat again. I frown looking at their pale, wide eyed faces. "Something wrong?"