o n e

BEEP

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

"Ugh! Five more minutes."

BEEP. BEEP. BEEE-

"Oh, shut up! Who set you up anyway?"

My hand flails about knocking down things in the pursue of finding my alarm clock. When I finally find the clock, I give it a hard tap. It stops its awful beep noises and I snuggle back comfortably into my pillow.

I hear the door to my room open after a few peaceful minutes and footsteps tiptoe in. I lift my head up groggily to see who when a loud high pitched screech blares in my ears.

"What the-"

THUD

"KYLE YOU STUPID MORON!!" I seethe from the floor.

My voice comes out muffled because of the blanket that I got tangled up in when I fell from the bed. His chuckles could be heard as he raced down the stairs in light thuds with what I guess was an airhorn.

Nobody. Nobody messes with Ellie early in the freaking morning.

Unless you got food. Then maybe you have a five percent chance at forgiveness.

I groan and untangle myself from the snuggly blanket I am trapped inside. Deciding to make myself presentable first, I walk into the bathroom. Finishing my business, I open the door with a little extra force than needed.

"And it goes - Oh! Oh! Oh! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!"

I bob my head to the music and dance my way into my room again.

"One. Two. One, two, three - and we danced all night, to the best song ever!"

I shimmy into a pair of high waisted black jeans and a long-sleeved white shirt with the saying, 'Just wing it. Life, Eyeliner, everything.'

"Where are you hiding? Where are you- AHA!"

I pull out my favourite white sneakers with black stripes at the sides and slip them on. I strike a pose at my floor length mirror and give myself a once over. My eyes finally rest on my hair and I sigh, grabbing the hairbrush. When I finally tackle my hair into a ponytail, apply lip gloss and mascara, I smile and stand back, giving a thumbs up to my reflection.