t h i r t y t h r e e

When I finally stirred from my eternal slumber, two days had already passed

When I finally stirred from my eternal slumber, two days had already passed. Not that I'm complaining, sleeping through two days in one go would definitely be something that I'd have in my bucket list. I was told that my body couldn't take the sudden shot of magic after it being dormant for almost thirteen years.

The healer left this morning after doing a thorough checkup and deemed me fit enough to go about my day. But this little bit of info hasn't completely registered in Aiden's head yet. Both him and Melissa haven't left my side ever since I got off the bed to go to the bathroom. The rest of the gang had taken my order seriously for once and went to visit their respective hometowns.

It's almost noon now and my butt was beginning to go numb from it being dormant. I was securely tucked in Aiden's bed. He did seem slightly annoyed from Melissa's presence but didn't complain. He did however stare at her like mother hen protecting its baby chick whenever she came close to give me something or bring me food.

And it wasn't just Mel, every person who came too close, got the look. As much as it was endearing to watch him be protective over me, I was starting to get tired. And extremely restless.

The distant chimes from the village bell told me that it was three already. My stomach growled in hunger. I stared at Aiden who sat thumbing through some sort of a document and Melissa who lay engrossed in her book. I made an annoyed noise at the back of my throat and threw the covers off me. Both their heads shot up at once. Aiden was out of his chair and next to me before I found my slippers from beneath the bed.

"Here, let me help." Melissa said reaching over to hold my arm.

"Do you need to use the bathroom again?" Aiden asked.

I sighed.

"Okay you know what, I can't do this anymore. I love the both of you very, very much but I need to get out of this room. The doc said I was fine to do whatever I want and that means I want to do whatever I want. As much as I appreciate you guys taking care of me and being my guardian angels, I'm tired of being holed up in here. My legs have gone numb and I don't even know if my butt is still a part of my body!" I said, waving my hands about.