f o r t y n i n e

Aiden's eyes glowed as a bubble of light appeared on his hands

Aiden's eyes glowed as a bubble of light appeared on his hands. He directed it to now conscious and struggling Eric. The bubble attached itself to him and spread all over his body.

"Where is Elina?" Eric demanded, eyes darting behind Aiden. His sound sounded garbled from inside the bubble. He tried to grab Aiden but found that he couldn't. His fingers merely sunk into the skin of the bubble like a balloon.

A creature launched itself at Aiden. He spread his fingers and a shower of white light hit it in the chest. The creatures squealed as it's body froze, ice coating every inch like a second skin. It's body thud on the ground and stayed there, frozen and still.

Aiden touched the bubble, eyes still glowing the brightest shade of blue that it almost appeared silver. A string of light wrapped itself around his forearm from the bubble. He gripped it firmly as another one of those creatures fell as his prey, cold and unmoving. They weren't dead just frozen until they broke out eventually. But it would have to do for now. Who knows, maybe they were allergic to the cold.

Eric saw the glint in Aiden's eyes when he looked at him. He frowned and kicked the bubble once more in vain. His eyes caught sight of the locket around Aiden's neck and he frowned, a doubt forming in his mind. Eric's thoughts came to a halt when Aiden began to run. Though the bubble prevented him from hurting anybody, it did nothing to protect his own skin from the rocks and the hard ground. He was tossed and turned as Aiden zig-zagged across the clearing.

"Wait till I get my hands on you, you damn brat!" He screamed just as a good sized rock hit his head. His head bled from the impact and he cursed at the Prince who paid no heed to him. One of his own precious army attached itself to his feet, it's razor teeth sinking into his flesh around his ankle. Eric screamed again, this time in pain.

"I created you, you blasted piece of shit." Eric cursed as he struggled to get the thing off him.

Aiden shot a shower of ice on the creature, successfully getting it off their trail. He wouldn't have minded it tearing Eric's leg off its socket but he didn't want it attacking the others when he got there.