t h i r t y s e v e n

"That went better than I expected

"That went better than I expected." Aiden said.

I scoffed. "Clearly, we have very different views of 'better'."

"As much as I would like to disagree, Aiden is right. This meeting could have gone south very quickly. In fact, I must say, you handled the situation very well. Lady Hailey has been teaching you well." Derek said.

I looked at him, surprised. But before I could say anything, another voice cut in.

"Crown Princess Elina."

"Luna Queen Tatiana, Alpha King Dorian. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." I said, bowing my head lightly in their direction.

"Likewise. My, you're even more beautiful up close." Queen Tatiana said. I blushed out of embarrassment.

"Er..thank you. It's nothing when compared to you." I said, making her laugh.

"I apologize for the riot earlier, Your Majesty. I understand it isn't polite to start fights when you're a guest of the High Kingdom." Alpha Dorian apologized.

"The situation was quite...frosty. I completely understand, Alpha." Derek said. "That aside, would you like to stay for lunch? I assume you are quite famished."

"We would love to, Your Highness, but you see we left our pup alone at the palace and Ariana has been feeling under the weather lately. I want to go back to her as soon as possible and hear what the pack physician has to say about her condition. The situation's rather frightening right now. I hope you understand." Luna Tatiana said.

"Why didn't you say anything? Never mind, I'll drop by to visit Ariana. No, I am not listening to you Tati. I'm going to Avrael as it is." Aiden said.

The Luna sighed but smiled at Aiden and gently pat his hand.

"Do you require anything from here? Medicine? More physicians?" I asked, concerned.

"Our physicians and medicine will be of no use to Werewolves and Lycans." Derek informed me.