f o r t y s e v e n

(WARNING ⚠️ : MILD PHYSICAL VIOLENCE AND ABUSE MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER

(WARNING ⚠️ : MILD PHYSICAL VIOLENCE AND ABUSE MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. THANK YOU.)

Thirteen Years Ago : December : Day of the Winter Festival (Elina'sbirthday) : Fifteen bells (3 PM) in the afternoon

The clinking sounds of utensils were the only sounds to be heard in the dining hall. Everybody seemed lost in thought.

"King Darrell and his family will be here by seventeen bells (5 PM). We should welcome them in the throne room." King Trystan said breaking the silence. "Genevieve, will you inform the maids to get the- huh? I don't...oh right. Surprise."

Queen Genevieve glared at her husband. He smiled sheepishly and glanced at his daughter. Elina rolled her eyes.

"Should I pretend that I didn't hear any of that?" She giggled.

"That would be lovely. See, Genevieve, Elina knows nothing of our plans now. Isn't that right, pumpkin?" King Trystan winked at Elina. She grinned at him, displaying a mouthful full of strawberry. Some of the juice spilt from her lips.

"Elina! Where are your manners?" Queen Genevieve scolded. She reached for a napkin but suddenly gasped, clutching her stomach.

Prince Eric slowly chewed his meat. A conspicuous smile threatened to take over his face. Instead, he cleared his throat and feigned worry.

"Are you alright, dearie?" He said, biting his lip to stay in character.

King Trystan's spoon clattered on the table as Queen Genevieve shook her head, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Get the physician to the Queen's chambers. NOW." King Trystan ordered. He knelt before his wife, gently pushing her hair out of her face. "Vivi, look at me. Deep breaths. Is it time?" He asked her softly.

"N-No. It just hurts." Queen Genevieve managed to say in between quick, short breaths.

"Alright, hold onto me tight and don't let go." King Trystan told her. She nod her head without a second thought. He gently lifted her off the chair in one sweep. "Take Elina to her room."