t h r e e

THUD

THUD. THUD. THUD.

"Ellie? Ellie, open the goddamn door!" Kyle yelled. He begins rattling the door knob and knocks the door harshly again.

"WHAT THE HELL! WHO DID THIS TO MY CAR?!" Cole's voice boomed from somewhere outside the house.

"Ellie!"

BANG. BANG. THUD. THUD.

"I swear to God-"

BANG. THUD. BANG. THUD.

"-if you don't open the door this instant, I'll break it down!" Kyle growled. I hear footsteps running up the stairs and smile.

I take my time to get out of bed and slowly walk towards the door. I open the door after a few seconds and give my brothers a cheerful grin.

"What's got you two up here earl-"

"What made you think, dying my hair with hot pink highlights was a good idea?!" Kyle shouts with an incredulous expression on his face.

"You toilet papered my freaking car!" Cole screeches at the top of his voice.

They glare at me and I blink.

"I don't know what you are talking about?"

"Oh, the hell you don't!" Kyle growls and takes a step forward.

I quickly take two steps back and glance at his cotton candy hair sticking up in all the directions. A strange noise exits my throat and I fight hard against letting it all out.

"Wait, she pranked you too?" Kyle suddenly asks Cole with a funny expression on his face.

"She toilet-papered my whole car and made it look like a mummy from Egypt!" Cole hissed.

"You toilet-papered his car?" Kyle asks me suddenly looking interested. I shrug my shoulders at him and grin. He glances at Cole and walks to my window, pushing the curtain aside.

A few seconds pass by. Cole looks hopefully at his younger brother to shout at me, but nothing happens. Kyle stands still, looking at the mummified car.