s e v e n

I softly groan and flutter my eyes open

I softly groan and flutter my eyes open. I hear leaves rustling and two figures appear at my side. I see a pair of familiar ocean blue eyes blink down at me along with unfamiliar orange orbs.

I sit up and they move back to make space for me. All of a sudden, everything that took place before I passed out crashes down on me. I examine my hand and flex my fingers a little.

"Ellie w-"

"How long was I out for?"

"About fifteen minutes."

I frown at the strange orange eyed girl with her wavy blonde hair who answered instead of Reese.

"And who are you? I thought it was just supposed be 'us'."

I direct the last part of the sentence at Reese. He rubs his neck and shrugs.

"I was in for a surprise too."

"Pardon me, but I did not inform Ai-"

Reese coughs.

"-Reese here that I was coming. I didn't expect you here. It's my fault. I'm Stella by the way."

"Ellie."

"I know who you are."

Stella smiles at me brightly. I give her an unsure nod. I clear my throat awkwardly after a moment and stand up. My head feels light for a second before turning back to normal.

"I'm going home. I'm not going to be the one to disturb whatever plans you had with him."

I nod at the boy sitting comfortably beside me.

"That won't be necessary princess, Stel is here because she wanted to meet you. Not me." Reese says. He dusts the dirt off his pants as he gets up from the ground.

"Can we talk?" Stella asks, also getting up.

I look at Reese uneasily. I mean, I don't even know this girl! She just randomly appeared out of nowhere. Not like random things are not happening to me right now anyway.