t w e l v e

The little five year old skipped along, holding onto her mother's hand

The little five year old skipped along, holding onto her mother's hand. She hummed a tune she seemed to have learnt from one of her nurses. The guards stationed along the path bowed their heads as they passed them.

Her mother, the High Queen of Corona, Genevieve Dragna smiled down at her daughter and rubbed her bulging belly, where the second heir to the kingdom was slowly but healthily growing.

Queen Genevieve was beautiful, with long waterfall like platinum hair and sparkly gold eyes. She belonged to a common family of the Fae, the Silvermoons.

The High King of Corona, Trystan Dragna, who then was the Crown Prince met Genevieve at the Winter Festival. They met at a stall, where the young Genevieve spilled her vial of deep red crimson flower extract on his shirt.

Prince Trystan demanded that she pay for his shirt, which was quite expensive, being made of the finest cotton in the country. But Genevieve being the hot headed young girl she was, told him that it was his fault for running into her and costing her a valuable vial of crimson flower extract.

And thus, began their journey together. In between secret rendezvous, kisses in the dark and special smiles, their love blossomed.

They were married weeks later after a lot of struggle to prove their love to either families, who like the rest of the society did not believe in the bond of a commoner and nobility.

Two years later, on the eve of the Winter Festival was born a beautiful baby girl, with platinum hair like her mother and silverish gold eyes like her father. Every kingdom rejoiced the birth of the new Princess.

Elina, they named her. Elina meant light. Elina meant wise. Elina meant a new hope to a dark world.

But not all of them shared the happiness of the Royal family. For somebody who shared the same blood as the Dragna's. Somebody who was always made to stand in his brother's shadow. Somebody who did not want to see the happiness on their faces.

Somebody who was named, Eric Dragna. The older brother of Trystan Dragna. Eric, who did not show his disdain out in the open but instead kept it buried deep inside him.