t w e n t y t w o

Sweat poured from every inch of my body as we waited for the stable keeper to get our means of transportation ready to go

Sweat poured from every inch of my body as we waited for the stable keeper to get our means of transportation ready to go. I shuffled uncomfortably when a few drops ran down my throat and through the valley of my breasts.

Melissa fanned herself while Hailey blew air down her shirt and shook it slightly from time to time. Stella looked half passed out with her head on Zach's shoulder, who was busying himself with a lock of her hair. Jase stood to my right, fiddling with a loose thread on his shirt.

Aiden leant on the wall with his head down and hands shoved in his pockets. For a moment I wondered if he was asleep. My eyes wandered to the imprint on his neck that was very faintly visible now. One would easily mistake it for dirt if they weren't looking for it specifically.

Absentmindedly, I brought my hand up to rub the spot where mine lay, staring lazily at the ceiling. Aiden had thought me the spell he used to conceal the imprint. But the spell would only work if I put it on myself and really willed it to disappear from my skin since this was a bond imprint and not just a regular object.

"It's getting visible."

I was startled awake from my thoughts at his half whisper. When I shifted my eyes to his side, I found him staring intently at my neck. He brought his hand up to rub the spot gently like he was almost afraid I would crumble under his fingertips.

I stiffled a shiver but he seemed to notice anyway and quickly retracted his hand, turning his gaze to my face instead.

"I'll work on it, once it gets too noticeable." I said in a low voice.

Almost like it didn't happen at all, I saw his eyes flicker down to my lips. But it was gone as fast as it had come. He took a small step away from me and straightened up.

The stable keeper bustled in, dusting snow off his cloak. I gawked at the snow that fell at his feet and then looked down for my own pool of sweat around my feet.

"Your rides are ready. Their food has been packed in the saddlebags. Make sure you feed them every once in three hours if you don't want them chomping you down." He said.