t w e n t y n i n e

"What is she doing here?"

Aiden scowled at Isabella. Derek rubbed his forehead with his fingers. His expression was a mixture of exasperation and mild shock. He motioned for Alfred to leave us alone.

"Well, we left things at a rather bad note and my heart broke when I realised what a foolish thing I had done." Isabella paused, casting a brief glance in my direction.

Or maybe it was really at Aiden. He was about an inch away from me. But I could swear I almost saw an evil glint in her eye. Or maybe that also just me. It has been a total of five minutes and I already dislike her.

"Isabella, it is probably not the right time now. Let's all just go back inside and talk it over in my stu-"

"No Derek! I owe Aiden an apology and I'm determined to show him that I mean it." She cut Derek mid-sentence. She walked closer towards Aiden and made a grab for his hands.
He resisted the movement and then all of a sudden, nothing. He relaxed and Isabella smiled.

So this is her working her magic on him. Though literally, in this case.

My amulet flickered and the mark on my neck stung. I felt my whole body grow warm and cold at the same time. It was like I was burning with fever on the inside but sitting in a tub of ice cold water on the out. I clenched my hands into fists, nails digging into the soft flesh of my palm. I glared daggers at Isabella's head.

"Aiden, I'm sure His Highness told you now but I was cast by a very unruly spell which made me do the things I completely regret. You must believe me. Trust me. You do forgive me, don't you? You know how much I love you." Isabella purred, looking straight into Aiden's eyes.

I wish I could snap her neck into two and feed her to the wild beasts in the forest.

My eyes widened at my own thoughts. I have never felt such anger in my life. I saw Aiden's shoulder shaking slightly and his fingers twitching in Isabella's grip. Her gaze never once left Aiden's. A thought struck in my head all of a sudden.

What if I just...

I reached over and gently placed my hand on Aiden's back. Isabella didn't notice my little experiment. I felt a flow of energy run through me almost as if it was looking for an outlet. Not knowing what else to do, I put a little more pressure on Aiden, focusing all my energy in my hand. Aiden stilled.