chapter 1

It was past 6 pm. The sun was about to set on the horizon, but the air was already chilly and the sky had turned dark grey.

Even though he was supposed to be home by this time, Taehyun was still in the police station, sitting at the desk in his office and working as usual. He had a few reports to go through today, including two concerning cases from last month which he wasn't able to solve yet, but that won't stop him from writing down notes on each one until they were solved completely. That's why he couldn't stop flipping through the pages and reading different documents. His actions would sometimes be followed by his groan of exhaustion. He didn't know how much more reading he could take until his mind finally went blank and his eyes closed for the rest of the evening, so he eventually put aside the folder and rubbed his strained eyes with his knuckles to release the tension. He'd been in the department the entire day and he was so fagged out, but as he was a very hardworking Detective, he refused to give up, so he would drink a great amount of coffee to be alerted and have enough energy to keep on working.

The warm, gentle rays peered through the window frame and landed upon his face, tinting his skin in a soft shade of orange as his determined eyes cast a glance at some document, then he noted something in the little notebook. The red-haired male then grabbed another folder and started reading the first page, but this time he was interrupted since the door cracked open and he heard the voice of the person who he trusted and loved most in the world.

"Hyung", called a boy with soft, beautiful features from the entrance as he peeked into the cabinet, his dark curls spread prettily over his entire forehead as his eyes were covered with round glasses and his hand timidly holding the handle. His presence grabbed the older's attention at once, causing him to shift his fond gaze to him right away, warmth pouring into his soul at the sight of the love of his life, "May I come in?"

"Sure, Beomgyu", Taehyun said and placed his folder on the desk at once as his whole attention was drawn to the newcomer now, his sparkling eyes adoring his beauty secretly as the boy marched towards him, "Sit down", he pointed out the chair at his desk and gifted his warm, beautiful smile to the black-haired boy who beamed softly in return and seated himself before the older male.

"Hyung, I need to ask you for a favour", said the ravenette as he looked straight into Taehyun's eyes, "I mean... it's not a big favour, but...", he scratched the back of his head shyly as he avoided any eye contact with the elder. It might've made him look stupid if he continued staring like that for too long.

Taehyun couldn't help but smile at how cute he looked when he tried to avoid his gaze, "Of course. You can ask me for anything", he responded, making the younger's expression relax slightly, "I'm all ears", the red-haired male said in an affectionate voice, knowing the younger had his unconditional consent no matter what he wanted to ask for. 

"Can I leave department a little earlier today?", the younger questioned timidly, scared that Taehyun would refuse to let him go, "If I hadn't really important thing to do, I swear, I wouldn't disturb you. I know you're not the one responsible for letting me leave in my working hours, but...", he bit his lower lip nervously as he waited for Taehyun's reply.

"What is it?", Taehyun tilted his head to one side, "Are you sure everything is alright? You never leave work early unless it's for an emergency or a special reason", he raised his eyebrows in concern, "Do you have a problem or need my help by any chance?"

Beomgyu shook his head immediately after hearing his words, "No, Hyung, nothing's wrong. It's just my friend who needed my help and I couldn't say no to him"

Taehyun's eyes softened and he smiled lovingly at the boy, "Well, don't worry then. I'll cover up for you"

That's when Beomgyu beamed at him and made Taehyun's heart flutter like crazy. He always did that to him, made him feel things he shouldn't even think of, "Thank you, hyung", the boy with glasses exclaimed happily, "You are the best. I promise I'll be back as soon as I'm done"