chapter 14

It was the middle of the night when Namjoon's car came to a halt in one abandoned place which was encircled by the massive forests. There was an old house in the middle, nestled on the vast land. It was neither too big nor too small, but it definitely looked like no one had even stepped in there during the last centuries. The lights were off inside, which was completely normal since it was nearly midnight. If the hacker was asleep, it would make Namjoon's and Yoongi's plan even easier since the boy wouldn't be able to provide resistance like that. Namjoon's heart was beating loudly at the idea of finding him in that house.

There were only Namjoon and Yoongi in the car since they considered that taking other members with them would only create unnecessary problems and noise. Only their alphas would be totally enough against one weak creature. Namjoon scanned the nearby areas attentively to make sure that there was no one besides them there, he was hoping that Yeonjun's hacker was alone in the house, "Didn't Yeonjun really consider it would be necessary to at least let one guard protect his human?", he asked with a chuckle as he unbuckled his seatbelt, "But yeah, of course, Yeonjun wants to keep him hidden from the entire world"

Namjoon chuckled again and threw an enthusiastic look at his friend before both of them got outside. Yoongi attempted to march towards the house at once, but Namjoon's hand on his stomach stopped him which caused him to flash him a confused stare, "If we are lucky enough, our hacker is going to be here", Namjoon said as he kept looking at his friend warningly, "We will sneak into the house silently since we don't want the boy to acknowledge our presence and call Yeonjun. I want to tell my little cousin about it when his human is already in my hands", Namjoon let out a sly laugh in between his words, "If you find him before me, make sure to not kill him, got it?"

Yoongi nodded his head in understanding and they both sauntered towards the house after that. When they saw that the window of the second floor was open, they looked over at each other with warning expressions. Yoongi was the first one to crawl up and get into the room on the second floor through the window, then Namjoon repeated the same and both friends were already inside, closer to their goal than ever before. Their eyes couldn't stop examining their surroundings.

A satisfied look on Namjoon's face changed when something weird entered his nostrils and he started inhaling the air greedily, earning a confused look from his friend, "Do you feel it?"

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows as he breathed in the air too, feeling a strange smell which was swirling around them, his now nervous stare leaning upon his friend in a hesitant manner, "A werewolf", he said and he was as surprised by his own words as the older.

"Do you think the hacker may be a werewolf?", Namjoon asked thoughtfully, "I don't like this at all"

"And I think he's not alone. Namjoon, we should leave"

"I'm not leaving without him!", Namjoon growled quietly at him.

"You know that's something is off here. We don't need more problems "

"Fucking leave if you want", the older whisper yelled in irritation and glared at the younger, "I'm not going to leave without what I'm here for"

Yoongi had no other way than to sigh heavily in defeat and follow his friend who had left the room with quick, but silent steps. Both of them walked downstairs quietly, their eyes looking around in a nervous and careful manner as they searched for the possible danger. The more they were getting close to the first floor, the more the threatening smell was strengthening in the air. They were already sure there was an alpha in the house and surprisingly not only one.

Both alphas stopped in their tracks as soon as they stepped on the floor and saw a mysterious figure in front of them. The figure was sitting at the computer with their back facing the alphas, a black hoodie covering their head. Yoongi felt more anxiety enter him because he could already smell that the situation wasn't going to end well for them.

"Blake!", Namjoon called loudly as his hands formed in fists at his sides, his eyes watching the figure slowly get on their feet.

The grey-haired alpha felt how his heart started throbbing in expectation of finally seeing his face at once. Even Yoongi was standing all tense beside him, holding his breath as he waited for the hacker to turn to face them.

The person spun around slowly, but their entire face was covered with a mask and their fierce eyes were the only things visible. Namjoon and Yoongi saw how they turned red in a matter of a second, causing both alphas to freeze in their places from terror. The figure soon ripped the mask off their face and threw the hoodie back, revealing her long purple hair which flopped on her shoulders at once while her red furious eyes glared at the two dumbfounded males in front of her. The alpha female soon revealed her sharp fangs as her mouth slacked open and before Namjoon and Yoongi were able to realise anything, she dashed to the grey-haired alpha with a loud howl and tackled him on the stairs in a fierce manner.

Yoongi barely managed to gulp down as he saw the female punch and claw at his friend severely, growling like a furious beast in the process. He took a step towards them to help Namjoon, but he was stopped on his spot when he saw how another figure jumped down from the railings of the second floor and slumped against the ground with her feet and palm. The black-haired alpha quickly raised up her head and with a sly smirk, she pierced through Yoongi's surprised, but still angry eyes with her red orbs. But this time, Yoongi didn't get confused and didn't wait any longer to reveal his claws and fangs, glaring at the alpha in front of him as both of them dashed towards each other to get involved in a life-and-death fight.

                              * * *

It was already 1 am when finally Taehyun got to Ulsan. He drove straight to the street where Jim Johnson's uncle lived and parked his car in front of a tall, modern building after a few minutes. He calmly unbuckled his seatbelt and got outside, sauntering towards the entrance with unrushed steps. A silent environment greeted him as soon as he stepped into the building and pressed the button beside the lift. Seemed like almost everyone was asleep in their apartments or had very strong soundproof walls since there was not even a word coming out from any of them. The detective travelled upstairs by elevator after it came down and walked to the brown metal door which was situated in the middle of the other ones. He kept knocking on it for a long time as he stood there with a hope stubbornly embedded in his heart, but unfortunately, no one opened the door for him.

"It's the police. Open the door, please", he kept calling, but in vain. However, he was refusing to give up when he had finally found something hopeful.

Instead of someone opening the door, Taehyun heard the door cracking sound from beside him and saw a middle-aged man in the door frame, "If you are looking for Johnsons, they're not home right now, sir", he said which almost caused younger's all hopes to crumble down.

"Where are they can you tell me, please?"

"They always spend the weekend in their country cottage"

"Do you know where that cottage is?"

"No, but they're gonna be back on the day after tomorrow"

Hearing his words, Taehyun sighed in relief. At least he would be able to see Jim's uncle soon and he didn't mind if it would take a couple of more days, "Okay, Thank you, sir", he said to the man and the latter got back into his own apartment after bowing to him politely. Taehyun shook his head and went back down by the lift. He opened the door of his car and got inside, quickly fastening his seatbelt. Then he twisted the key and pressed down on the pedal with his foot before turning the car towards the main road and driving off to a hotel.