Part 2: chapter 24

Taehyun was sitting at his desk in the police department, his face thoughtful and sad. It had been 2 weeks since Solar had taken a vacation, so he was alone in the cabinet, completely surrendered to his own thoughts, with no one to disturb him.

He was concerned about Beomgyu because the male no longer seemed to be mentally stable. He was insisting that it wasn't him who killed Jaemin, but in the recording, the chief showed Taehyun, it was totally obvious that Beomgyu was the one who was pulling the trigger and killing Jaemin.

Taehyun actually didn't know why there were cameras installed in the abandoned building, but it wasn't too surprising though since it used to be a warehouse in the past and maybe that's why there were cameras left.

Taehyun no longer knew what to think and he was too frustrated. His every memory and every fact were telling him that Beomgyu was just making up something. The boy even told him that bruises on his wrist were left by him, but Taehyun didn't remember doing anything like that and it was actually concerning him because it was painful to think that Beomgyu was hallucinating things.

What was going to happen now? Would Beomgyu be put in jail? Or would Yeonjun be able to do something about it and save him? Because Taehyun had no idea how to help him and he didn't know either if he wanted to do it or not because Beomgyu already seemed to be dangerous to society and protecting people from criminals was a duty of Taehyun.

* * *

The smell of pine trees lingered around, the wind ruffling the fallen leaves on the ground which was painted bright green. The birds chirped while joyfully flying from tree to tree, frequent gusts of wind caressing their gentle feather a little too harshly.

It was the middle of the summer. That's why nature was shaded in bright, merry colours. Every plant has blossomed. The ground was covered with a green carpet of leaves and beautiful flowers which were peeking from the dense grass.

It was the season of joy, of happiness, something good, but even in the summer, nature could be upset and sink in gloomy colours. Who knows why, but even the sky used to shed small tears occasionally. That's exactly what was happening on that day, on the 11th of July 2020. Nature was sad and so were Beomgyu's silver eyes which were staring through the forest with something glistening in them. No one knew what that suspicious silence of his meant or what his exhausted eyes were trying to say, but they were deep, too deep and maybe that's why they were managing to contain so much different things, however, their depth was now filled with his broken parts and scarred his orbs by them. That's why they were sad. Maybe because they were tired of watching the violence of life every day. Maybe they no longer had hope that anything would get better, that one day they would manage to shine from happiness again.

Yes. He was young, too young to be broken like that, to be so fed up with all the shits of the world. He was too young to have his heart filled to the brim, to be done with his life.

Maybe those small raindrops, which were falling over his frame leaned against the car, were his tears. Maybe the sky was crying now instead of him since his eyes were feeling like they were no longer able to cry. They were dull, empty. They were willing to be shut, so a magical haze of a long sleep would finally take his mind somewhere else, to the place where he would manage to find his peace.

His eyes were looking at the birds on the trees, or at those who were flying around them, however, there was only one longing screaming from his orbs_ to be free like them, to fly in the air like those careless little creatures. What would it feel like to open wings? To bat them and travel through the air like beautiful butterflies? Or maybe like an... angel. That's what Taehyun always used to call him, right? But did Beomgyu really deserve to be mentioned like that? As a pure and innocent creature when he had done so much bad in his life?