chapter 27

The windows got open with an unpleasant noise as the wind kept disturbing them, a strong flow of air gushing into the cabinet with a creepy sound. Taehyun slept on his desk, his eyes softly shut while his mind was absorbed in dreams, narrow lines of anxiety flashing on his face every now and then.

He was running again through the dark, his frame surrounded by endless space. There was Beomgyu in front of him, taking careless steps away from him and no matter how fast Taehyun ran, he wasn't able to reduce the gap between them, "Beomgyu!", he called in desperation, trying to catch up with the male or make him stop, but Beomgyu only looked back at him with an evil grin on his face, his feet still dragging him forward, "Stop!", Taehyun yelled and sped up his pace, panting as he ran nonstop, sweat dripping on his face.

Then suddenly Beomgyu stopped and Taehyun came to a halt as well almost immediately, the older's eyes looking at the boy's back anxiously. He saw how black, huge horns started growing on Beomgyu's head and panic settled in Taehyun's eyes at once. He watched the male turn around to face him slowly, his entire eyes glowing black, red and black lines visible on his face and under his eyes, a menacing, demonic aura oozing out of him.

Taehyun took a shaking step behind as soon as the fire ignited, drawing a circle around Beomgyu's body, flames blazing in the air dangerously. Taehyun watched him with disbelief and panic in his eyes, thinking it had to be some kind of a joke, "W-who are you?", he asked in a trembling voice, shaken to the core by the evil smirk which was playing on Beomgyu's lips.

"I'm you"

Taehyun shook his head in horror, taking one more step backwards when Beomgyu walked through the fire, getting close to him which terrified the older even more. He tried to back away when Beomgyu took his hand towards him, screaming desperately as he felt his painful touch on his arm.

"NO!"

Taehyun was woken up by the notification sound of his phone, a small gasp rolling off his lips as his eyes shot open immediately. He raised up his head, taking a moment to realise that he was in reality now and that whatever he saw minutes ago was only a dream. He felt cold as the wind kept engulfing his body in a cold embrace, confusion crossing his eyes when he saw that the windows beside his desk were open.

"Who opened them?", he asked himself quietly, standing and walking to the windows to close them.

He grabbed the handle, shutting the window with a loud thud, so he wouldn't be disturbed by cold again. However, he got rooted to his place after he saw black finger marks on his arm when he was holding the handle. It was the spot right where Beomgyu touched him in his dream.

Terror sucked the very breath from his mouth as he gently held his now-shaking hand, his lips trembling along with his heart. He grazed black marks on his arm with his thumb, making them fade with his touch.

What the heck?

Desperation found its way across his face as he dashed to his desk and opened the top drawer, briskly getting a napkin from it to wipe the rest of the marks from his skin, "What's happening to me?", he asked in his mind, tears threatening to fill his eyes as they were covered in fear, pain and stress simultaneously.

Maybe I'm going crazy.

He flopped heavily on his chair, his face burying into his palms as he tried to calm his breaths. He wouldn't be surprised if he was really going out of his mind from so much stress and pain, from so much frustration in life. It hurt like hell to deal with the loss of the two closest people to him_ Beomgyu turned out to be completely another person, a stranger to him while Soobin was still missing. Taehyun hadn't even found a single trace of him so far. He was becoming more and more hopeless every day.