Part 2: chapter 3

Paris, France

December 12, 2018

The class was loud as usual. Icy, white snow covered external window sills as the weak light of the sun peeked impotency from between the large clouds. The students chirped and chatted, their loud laughs blaring across the room while a certain black-haired male sat alone at the desk, using his free time to strengthen his knowledge by writing codes on a computer.

He didn't usually have many friends since he used to think that it was just a waste of time. In his opinion, having one or two friends was completely enough, because he needed most of his time for his passion and not for wasting it on temporary people. That's the law of life. People come and go, but passion lasts forever if one doesn't give up on it. Beomgyu was among that 1% of people who weren't okay with being an average person and dying without achieving something big. It was his personality. He was dependent on his interests. It was the only meaning of his life.

"Hey", one blonde male called out to him after rushing into the room and hastily taking a seat beside Beomgyu.

Well, Elliot was one of those people Beomgyu used to call a friend. The guy shared the exact same interests as him and that was why he managed to break into Beomgyu's personal space, however, they still differed from each other. Elliot was joyful and bubbly while Beomgyu was serious. You would rarely see a smile on his face.

The raven-haired boy ceased his actions and moved his head to his friend, drawing his attention to him, "You look like shit", he said with a slight chuckle, watching the boy sweating and panting heavily, his cheeks completely painted in a crimson red. Elliot looked like he had just run a marathon.

"I overslept and missed the bus. So I had to run the whole way", Elliot said between his pants, taking out the bottle of water from his bag and opening it to gulp down the liquid hungrily.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes and shook his head, "You stayed up all night again, didn't you?"

Elliot was so obsessed with programming that you would rarely see him sleeping at nights. He would sit at his computer and spend hours creating games or gaining access illegally to other systems. Time was passing too fast and he never used to notice that the morning wasn't far.

Elliot gulped and moved the bottle off his lips, using the sleeve of his sweater to wipe his mouth. He put the bottle on the desk and fixed his excited eyes on his friend.

Beomgyu knew that stare very well. Elliot only used to look at him like that when he had found interesting secrets of famous people by unethical hacking. The boy was too curious and stubborn. No matter how many times Beomgyu told him to stop using his skills in illegal ways, his words seemed to go in his friend's one ear and out the other.

"You won't believe what happened", Elliot said in excitement, pulling himself closer to his friend by his chair.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes, totally uninterested, but he asked him anyways, "What now?"

Elliot smirked wickedly at him and moved his head closer to him, whispering into Beomgyu's face, "A week ago one woman contacted me. She was Korean like you, but was brought up in France", a faint interest crossed Beomgyu's eyes at his friend's last words, frown forming on his face as he sharpened his hearing, "Her full name was Kim Aera, but she made me change her identity in every legal document which is registered in the system of our government. Her one friend from the government was also helping us to easily gain access to the systems which are under their control. She paid us very well for that"

Elliot was very satisfied with the curiosity he saw in Beomgyu's eyes when the latter asked, "So?"

"You have no idea what France government is hiding from its people", Elliot said with a sheepish grin on his face, clapping his hands, but decided to explain everything more clearly when he saw a confused expression on his friend's face, "So, I performed an investigation", that was something Beomgyu expected, "You can't blame me, I wanted to know why she made me fake her identity... what I found is the real sensation"