Part 2: chapter 57

"What's the hell is happening?!", Jungkook yelled in shock when the ground underneath them suddenly started shaking, as if a dangerous earthquake had struck the earth.

There was only him, Seokjin, Kai, Lisa, Jennie, Jisoo and Soobin left on the hill since Taehyung and Jimin had taken Yoongi to the veterinarian. Yeonjun was literally begging Soobin earlier to go with them, but being the stubborn kid he is, Soobin refused to leave without him and Taehyun. Now they were all staring down shockingly at the ground as it shook beneath their feet, causing their hearts to hammer against their chests furiously from terror.

"We need to find Yeonjun and Taehyun!", Kai yelled with an alarmed expression, causing Jungkook to shake his head.

"Yeonjun told us to wai-"

However, Jungkook wasn't even finished when Kai suddenly ran forward, towards the direction of the research building, "Kai! No!"

Soobin also ran behind the youngest boy, because he couldn't sit there and just wait when Yeonjun and Taehyun could be in danger. Maybe he wasn't strong enough to help them, but he needed to be with them to make sure that nothing would happen to them.

"Fuck!", Jungkook cursed angrily and ran after the two, the others also following him behind.

It was hard not to be disoriented when the ground was trembling so intensely underneath them, however, they were still somehow managing to keep following the way towards the research building. They were all in a hurry, but still were trying to not run faster than Soobin since they didn't want to leave the boy alone there. Sungjin could be anywhere.

Kai wasn't in their sights anymore. The boy had used his supernatural speed to get to the building faster since they were really far from it. The intensity of the "earthquake" was getting stronger as they were approaching that place, however, none of them had any idea about what was going on. Soobin suddenly came to a halt when they were a few kilometres away from the building, his wide eyes glued to the moving figure on a downward slope that was walking uphills slowly, but what terrified Soobin was the fact that the figure was completely engulfed in fire.

"Oh, my God", he desperately exclaimed when the realization suddenly hit him, stomping downhills without hesitation which caused the others' attention to draw to him.

"Soobin, where are- HOLY SHIT!", Jungkook yelled in a terrified voice, terror sucking the very breath from his mouth, "SOOBIN, STOP!"

"Oh, my God. Is that Taehyun?", Lisa asked in horror, lifting up her hand to clap it over his mouth.

"SOOBIN!", Jungkook yelled again when the mentioned boy didn't stop and still kept running towards his brother, however, Soobin didn't pay attention to his yells either now, so he desperately ran after the boy with the rest of his friends.

"Taehyun!", Soobin called out to his older brother as he stopped right in front of him, causing Taehyun to come to a halt as well and observe him.

Even though the sight was awfully terrifying, Soobin was still standing there with desperate and tearful eyes, hoping his brother would recognise him and come to his right mind. The deadly flames were blazing from each part of his body as the fierce fire covered the boy from head to toe. They were absorbing the veil of darkness which had taken deep roots in the atmosphere. The gusts of the angry wind fanned on the fire and made the flames sway. His eyes were dark, totally absorbed by black. They were deadly, like they could kill without making effort. They kept staring into Soobin's soul as if they wanted to rip it out of the boy's body. Soobin was feeling a deadly fear freezing him to the core, but he still wasn't making attempt to run away.

"Jesus Christ!", Jungkook exclaimed in horror when he looked at Taehyun from a closer distance, panic seizing his brain.

Taehyun's black eyes now travelled to him, making him immediately feel pain in his bones, like they were about to crash. Jungkook screamed in agony as he suddenly flopped against the ground with his knees, causing the others to feel an immediate panic.