Part 2: chapter 28

It'd been a long since he last stepped into that yard. Beautiful flowers had bloomed here and there. They were all surrounding the building like a shield. Their longs or short stems were complimenting the ground which had a green carpet spread out arrogantly on it. The grass was swaying as a gentle, but chilly breath fanned over them as if it was trying to make them dance tenderly.

The atmosphere was very quiet, only broken by the chirps of birds. The weather was nice, but the sun rays felt like they were violently burning his skin. The silence was too loud, so disturbing that it brought a small number of tears to his eyes, but they were enough to make them shine like diamonds under the illumination of the bright blue sky.

The door of the house was open for some reason, so he took a step inside without coming across any problem.

A familiar scent entered his nostrils at once and he took a shaky sigh since breathing started to hurt too much.

Nothing had changed in the house. Everything was in its place. Taehyun remembered very well how Beomgyu was always sitting on the couch in the hall and writing something on the paper every time he would visit him. The latter never used to rest exactly like Taehyun. He loved to work even on his days off and maybe that was what Taehyun was attracted to the most in him. But no. Maybe it was the younger's gentle silver eyes which always looked at him like they were seeing the world in front of him. They would always fill with stars and make Taehyun feel like he was walking through the galaxy. They were ethereal but mysterious. They say that eyes are the mirror of the soul, but Beomgyu's were different. In the past, Taehyun used to think that he knew what was happening in the boy's soul, but then he discovered that he never did indeed.

"Hyung!", Beomgyu yelled in excitement as soon as he saw the red-haired male entering his house and dropped his pen on the table at once, so he could leap up from his seat and embrace the older as tightly as he could.

Taehyun shut his eyes softly at the comforting warmth which was radiating from the younger's body, his hands wrapping around the boy's waist to press him strongly against his chest. That's all he ever needed to find his peace and comfort. Beomgyu was a remedy which was healing all his pains and making him realise that there was still something in the world which was worth living and fighting. He was enveloping the boy in the tightest hug and breathing in his sweet scent greedily which was touching his insides in the most delicate way possible.

"I couldn't manage to stay alone at home", he said in a low voice and drew back a bit. He looked into his eyes and saw how the tiny twinkling stars, which were glistening in the younger's eyes, lit up his dark sky, "I hope you don't mind if I stay here tonight"

"Is it even a question, hyung?", Beomgyu whined in an upset tone, "Of course, I don't mind. I don't like sleeping alone either"

After a few minutes, both males were in Beomgyu's room, laying on the bed with their legs tangled together. The only source of light was the moon in space, but Taehyun's entire world was brightened up by the sun when they were holding each other like that. Taehyun had rested his head on the younger's chest and listening to his beautiful heartbeat, he knew it was the only thing he wanted to hear for centuries. He was savouring the boy's dazzling scent which had become his home, a peaceful and comforting shelter. Even when his only brother was lost and he had no idea where to look for him, Taehyun was feeling calm in Beomgyu's arms. When his heart was singing beautiful melodies to him, Taehyun knew he was the only home he wanted to live in for the rest of his life.