Part 2: chapter 20

"Soobin, stop", Yeonjun whined with his cheeks puffed, looking at the purple-haired male with an upset gaze, "I'm already full. I'm not lying"

Soobin shook his head as he filled the spoon with soup and brought it to Yeonjun's lips who was busy munching on the food which was already in his mouth, "Shut up and eat", he said categorically, shoving the spoon into the older's mouth forcefully after Yeonjun swallowed, "You skipped supper", he said in dissatisfaction, "Do you think I'd be okay with it?"

Seeing soup staining the older's mouth, Soobin grabbed the napkin from the table and gently wiped his lips while Yeonjun stared at him with his cheeks puffed, chewing his food.

Soobin put aside the napkin while Yeonjun swallowed, licking his lips afterwards, "Soobin, I'm really full. I promise I'm saying the truth"

Soobin sighed in defeat and put the spoon in the bowl, looking at Yeonjun with unconvinced eyes. Yeonjun noticed that and pulled his chair closer to the younger boy, flashing him a small beam before leaning against his forehead with his own one, "I'm happy that you care about me", he said while Soobin pouted subconsciously, "But sometimes you are exaggerating, Bin"

Yeonjun poked him with his nose and smiled at him once more, but still couldn't manage to remove that pout from the boy's mouth, so he leaned to him and pecked his lips softly which caused some heat to draw across Soobin's face.

"Smile for me, bunny"

Soobin did everything to stop himself from smiling, so Yeonjun pouted to look endearing to the younger male and melt his ice, "Come on bunny. Just one smile", he whined, bouncing on his seat like a child as he held the younger's face between his palms.

Soobin tried hard but still couldn't stop his lips from forming an undesired smile. It was weird though since he was supposed to be the one to cheer up Yeonjun since the male had been looking sad and worried for some reason for the last few hours, but he hadn't even said a word to Soobin about it.

"Since you've stopped being a mom, let's go to bed, shall we?"

Soobin nodded his head after Yeonjun pulled away, his eyes darting to the bowl on the table, "I'll take this to the kitchen first", he said, standing up, but Yeonjun grabbed his wrist to stop him which caused Soobin's eyes to draw to him.

"We'll take care of it tomorrow. Now come on if you want me to sleep with you"

Soobin sighed, muttering under his breath, "I hate you, hyung"

Yeonjun grinned at that and leaned forward to rub their foreheads together, "We both know that you love me"

"Shut up"

The Independence Gate

The room was sunk in darkness. The only source of light was coming from different screens which were set on the massive desk. Sungjin was sitting on the chair and looking at his victims with amused eyes on the screen while Namjoon stood behind him with a blank face, guilt eating him up from inside as he watched the disturbing scenes. The scenes which had managed to break down the strong walls of his heart, however, he was still feeling too powerless to do anything against Sungjin.

"Let's see if he reveals himself"

Namjoon got suspicious at Sungjin's thoughtful and curious words, however, he didn't dare to ask him what or who he was talking about.

"I'm sure he won't let the boy die"

"Why are you doing this?", Namjoon suddenly asked, darting Sungjin's amused eyes to himself.

"I'm trying to save my ass", he said before returning his eyes to the screen, "Also why not destroy my enemies in the process? It's entertaining, even better than a movie, can't you see?"