chapter 10

Soobin was standing at Yeonjun's door and fiddling with his fingers nervously. He didn't know what to do and whether it was a better idea to tell Yeonjun the code or not. Soobin already knew that Yeonjun and his pack weren't evil and probably wouldn't get rid of him if he said what the password was, but still, the other half of the boy was screaming at him that Yeonjun wasn't someone to trust and that it was a better idea to keep the code to himself. Soobin didn't know which voices to believe, which ones were right and which fatal. He was arguing with himself when Yeonjun opened the door of his room and was greeted by the presence of the younger boy at once. The sight of him messed up the younger's head further.

"What's up?", he asked as he looked at the boy in surprise, "Why are you here?"

"I-", Soobin stammered as he was still hesitating, "I-"

"Yes you, bunny", Yeonjun chuckled softly at his confusion, which he absolutely considered as adorable.

Soobin closed his eyes for a moment since it was already time to make a final decision, so he decided to say whatever would come first to his tongue, "Can we talk?", he finally asked and sighed in relief as a big weight got lifted up from his shoulders.

"I have no time right now. Let's talk later", Yeonjun said as he closed the door of his room, but before he could manage to leave, the younger grabbed his wrist and stopped him on his spot which caused the older to roll his eyes, "Just wait for several hours until my arriva-"

"It will no longer matter if you go", the younger said sincerely, "I won't take much time"

Yeonjun groaned heavily before taking hold of the younger's arm and taking him into his room, "I'm listening, hurry up", he said and leaned against the closed door with his back, his arms folding against his chest.

"You need to promise that you won't murder me first", Soobin said in a serious tone, his face looking at the alpha with a tense expression.

"If I wanted to murder you, you would already be laying in the middle of the forest with your body ripped open, bunny"

Soobin frowned at his words and shivers ran down his spine when he imagined whatever the older had said. He didn't even know if he was supposed to like his words or not, "Whatever", he finally said with a loud sigh and rolled his eyes, "I decided to tell you what the code is", Yeonjun raised his one brow suspiciously, "But I don't want you to get rid of me after you open the memory card"

"Let's think about it later", Yeonjun said playfully and winked at the boy, but rolled his eyes when he was met with the younger's upset gaze, "Okay, I was just kidding", he said as he raised up his hands in surrender and walked to his nightstand to grab his laptop and take the card out of the drawer, "C'mon, type it", he said after connecting the SD card to the device and the younger nodded in approval his head before marching towards him.

                            * * *

"What did you find about the hospital? Has every member of the staff died?", Taehyun asked and looked at Solar in interest after letting his folders and documents fall on his desk.

He had been too observant and checking every little detail attentively for the recent days and he still hadn't managed to find anything useful, but instead, there was a change in the direction of his thoughts. Instead of thinking only about the disappearance of his brother and the memory card, he started to dwell on the explosion too which took place on the same exact day as when Soobin got kidnapped. He had started to think that there could be some connection between those events and this idea was giving him hope since he would have at least something to hold onto if he was right.

"Don't worry about that case, Taehyun", Solar said compassionately, "I'll take care of it"

Taehyun fell into thinking for a moment and then got on his feet before leaning against his desk with his hips and rubbing his temples. The boy shut his eyes as if he was hesitating and couldn't decide something, but then he opened his eyes and straightened his head, "For some reason, I think that those events are connected", he said and looked at his colleague curiously as he wondered what she would say about it.