Part 2: chapter 11

Busan, South Korea

July 10, 2020

Grief covered the house like a speck of thick dust. It could be seen on every surface, heard from every corner. It floated in the air and made it suffocating, and painful to inhale. It was like black poisonous smoke in their chests, drilling endless holes into their hearts.

"You need to rest", Yoongi said from beside Namjoon who was sitting on the couch and had planted his face into his palms. He had been like that for hours. He wasn't even saying a thing. Yoongi had never seen him broken like that.

"Come on", he said, gently holding the older's arm, "I'll help you"

However, Namjoon didn't even budge. How would he be able to sleep? He had just buried his friend after stealing his body, so the police wouldn't be able to find him. They couldn't even make a normal grave for him because of that. They couldn't write his name on the stone. He was just buried and that was all.

Namjoon never knew losing a member of his pack could hurt so much. It felt like he had lost his part. Like his soul had lost one piece.

"Okay", Yoongi finally sighed in defeat, flopping against the backrest in a stressful manner. He brought his arm to his chest, propping his elbow on it so his palm could cover his face, thoughtfulness getting written all over it. He could sense that Namjoon knew something no other members of his pack did. In his opinion, that was related to Hoseok's death and that was why Namjoon was blaming Sungjin. Would Namjoon tell him if he asked?

"Why do you think it was Sungjin?", he finally asked and looked at his friend, trying his luck, "He was trying to take revenge for our betrayal?"

Namjoon shook his head in his palms, inhaling heavily, "It was because of him. Because of him"

Yoongi's eyes became sharp, confusion creeping into his face, "Who? Who are you talking about?"

Right when Namjoon parted his lips and was about to reply, his phone made a small clicking sound beside him. Namjoon wouldn't even pay attention to it, but notifications never used to make that sound on his phone. It was changed. Someone changed it.

Yoongi watched his horrified expression as he held his phone and stared at the screen, probably opening the message.

Unknown:

Don't tell him!

"What is it?", Yoongi asked, but shaken to the core, Namjoon just gulped.

How was that possible?

Was anyone listening to them?

But how?

"It's nothing", he said blankly, getting on his feet while Yoongi's eyes followed him in a confused manner.

Namjoon was acting weird and it was creeping the shit out of him.

"Namjoon, wha-"

"Don't follow me!", Namjoon commanded as he rushed towards the main, "I'll be back soon"

July 8, 2020

"So why are we here?", Namjoon asked with a satisfied expression as he sat at the table in one unknown place, Beomgyu sitting in front of him with annoyance written over his face.

"What do you know about Taehyun?", Beomgyu asked directly, not really having time for making their conversation any longer.

Namjoon chuckled, placing his palm on the desk in a careless manner, "The only thing I know is that he died, Beomgyu", he stated boldly, looking at the shaken boy straight in the eye, "My man told me that he actually killed him, but he is somehow alive. I was really suspicious about it at first, but then decided that my man was lying to me, but now the reality tells me otherwise", he said, his eyes becoming sharp as he intertwined his fingers on the table and bent forward to look into the younger's eyes from a closer distance. Eyes which were glaring into his soul with pure hatred and disgust, "For some reason, Taehyun has started to look and smell sick lately, like slowly approaching the edge of death. Besides, you came to Busan after our last meeting, let alone your conversation with Jaemin in the club"