Part 2: chapter 4

Red, blue and green lights kept flashing in the large dark room, beaming on the dancing, sweating bodies of the people. Most of them were high, their faces sank in pure bliss and ecstasy as they swayed their bodies energetically, following the beats of the loud music. DJ watched them with satisfaction, bopping on her place as she kept playing the track enthusiastically, obviously enjoying her job.

The club was hot and reeked of alcohol as Beomgyu walked through the crowd. There were empty couches lined in the corner with a small table in front of them, but Beomgyu decided to take a seat at the bar where barmen were serving their clients. He sat on the stool. The barman arrived at him as soon as the boy appeared in his eyesight.

"Hello, sir. What would you like to drink?", he asked politely.

"Wine, please", Beomgyu replied briskly, his face totally drained from any kind of emotions.

The barman got a fancy glass and poured wine into it to the brim while Beomgyu stared blankly in front of himself, so engulfed in thoughts that he couldn't even hear the blaring music around him.

"Your wine, sir", the barman said as he put the glass on the counter, snapping him out of his thoughts, "Enjoy"

"I'm paying for him", Beomgyu suddenly heard an unfamiliar voice from beside him, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as his head quickly snapped towards the male who took a seat next to him.

Oh, shit.

He's here.

Beomgyu became nervous, hands shaking a bit, but no, he wasn't going to seem weak in front of that boy. He did everything to force himself to overcome his anxiety and straightened his shoulders, eyes becoming sharper than before, boldly travelling to the boy beside him with a fake amusement glistening in them.

"I thought coming here would take you forever", he said in a deep voice, chuckling slightly.

"Well, not my fault that you suddenly changed the day of our meeting", the male replied simply, chugging down his vodka when the glass got placed in front of his nose, "But, it's not like I mind it anyways", he said, giving a hint to the boy which made Beomgyu roll his eyes.

Beomgyu grabbed his glass and took several sips of his wine, trying to distract himself from all the worries. It was a good thing that alcohol always used to make him bolder than before. He definitely needed it with Jaemin.

"Now tell me one thing, Beomgyu", Jaemin said as he held his vodka and twisted his abdomen to face the boy, his index finger subconsciously rubbing the cold surface of the glass, "Why is a pretty boy like you chasing a monster like Sungjin?"

Beomgyu poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue, his cold eyes staring in front as he bounced his leg, causing his body to rock slightly on his seat, "And why are you partners with him if you think he's a monster?", he asked, now darting his eyes to Jaemin in a curious manner.

Jaemin looked at his glass for a moment and shrugged his shoulders, his eyes returning to the younger's ones with amusement visible inside them. It was obvious that he was enjoying their conversation, "You still haven't told me how you found out about our partnership. It's highly confidential, ya know?"

Beomgyu was quite satisfied with his question. The corner of his lips curled into a smirk, "I have access to the things other people don't"

Jaemin raised a brow, chuckling faintly, "Quite impressive. Now I'm interested in you even more", he said with a seductive stare, drinking his vodka.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes, shaking his head and averting his eyes, "Let's move to the couches, shall we?", he stated, pointing out the black couches in the corner with his eyes which made Jaemin turn his head back to take a glance at them. He then looked back at the boy with an unbothered stare.