Part 2: chapter 21

Busan, South Korea

Five figures walked hastily to the car which was parked outside the yard of one fancy house. The wind was cold and even the stars weren't visible in the sky which probably predicted worse weather for the following day. The leaves on the trees which were standing here and there were being ruffled by the strong gusts of the wind, creating a suspicious noise above the figures that had anxiety and fear written all over their faces.

One was holding the phone, nervously unlocking the screen with his shaky thumb while the others watched him with panicked faces, all of them stopping at the car to have a little discussion about what they were going to do now.

However, their plan was interrupted when Yoongi's phone suddenly rang, catching everyone's attention and all pairs of eyes darted to the blonde in anticipation. Yoongi's wide, anxious eyes also cast glances at them after he read Namjoon's name on the screen, making his heart jump at the thought that something bad had happened to him and he was going to hear bad news.

"It's Namjoon"

Everyone gasped. An uncomfortable silence settled in the atmosphere which was only broken by the roar of the wind. Yoongi pressed the answer button and placed his phone against his ear with a shaking heart, everyone's eyes fixed on him, curious about what Namjoon would say to him.

"Yoongi", Namjoon said before Yoongi could even open his mouth.

"Namjoon!", Yoongi called in a raised tone, "Where are you? Are you alright?"

"Yes", Namjoon lied from the other side, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me"

"Namjoon, we've been looking for you everywhere, even in Sungjin's house!", Yoongi said as he heaved nervous breaths, not convinced by his friend's words, "No one was there. Not even a single member of his pack and neither Sungjin himself. He's also nowhere. Are you two together? Has he captivated you? If that's so I promise we'll-"

"I'm doing fine, Yoongi", Namjoon lied again, "You don't need to panic. I'm not with Sungjin. I'm alone and healthy"

Namjoon looked over at the smirking Sungjin beside him, heavy oppression creeping into him, but he still wasn't daring to go against him. So he hung his head low in defeat he had already accepted even if it sounded harassing to him.

"Then where are you?", Yoongi asked in a cornered tone from the other side, "We've been searching for you everywhere"

"I wanted to stay alone", Namjoon replied in a dull voice, feeling a tightening sensation in his chest, "I need some time to get over Hoseok's death"

"Namjoon, are you sure? It will be better if we stick together now. We never know what will happen. Hoseok is already dead and I don't want another member of our pack to get hurt also"

"Don't worry about me, my friend. I'll be alright. You know that I'll be able to protect myself even if anyone tries to harm me"

Yoongi nervously rubbed his forehead, pondering Namjoon's words. The latter was right. No one had managed to cause harm to him so far. He was a powerful alpha who was hard to defeat in a fight. Despite this fact, Yoongi was still concerned, however, he decided not to argue and give some space to his friend, knowing how stressed he had been because of their loss.

"Okay ", he finally sighed which brought relief to Namjoon, "Then take care of yourself and contact me immediately if something happens, okay?"

"I promise"

The call was declined after that. Namjoon let his arm fall limp at his side. His expression was blank and his mind sank into a haze, not even noticing Sungjin's eyes on him which had amusement embedded in them.