Part 2: chapter 43

Everyone had gathered together and were sitting under the tree, in beautiful, purple flowers as they were warming their hands by the fireplace on a cold night. The flames were absorbing the pitch black which was deeply settled in the atmosphere and revealing the beauty of the forest by bringing bright light to it. That night was fascinating to everyone. They were wrapped in a comforting silence and savouring the marvellous view around them. Even though there was a big pain living in their chests, they were still smiling at each other and making their hearts beat a bit easier. Watching each other's faces with bright eyes, they were realising that their loved ones were the only reason why life was worth living. Yeonjun and Kai were remembering funny memories of their childhood and bringing joy to those around them. Cheerful sounds of laughs were filling the atmosphere as pure happiness had engulfed their bodies in a warm embrace and even though, there was a really hard and dangerous day waiting ahead of them, they still didn't remember what fear was at that moment.

There was exhilaration written on everyone's faces and the environment around them was filled with happy exclaims. And when they didn't expect it, Soobin's and Yeonjun's eyes suddenly met from different sides of the fireplace and they could see reflected sparkles glistening in each other's blinding orbs. Laughs started to suppress in their bodies as they slowly got lost in each other's souls and sank into their own beautiful, but the sad world of love. There was so much they could read in those eyes and they couldn't even hear the others chirping and laughing around them as all they could hear was their own loud hearts now.

Soobin was watching his lover's eyes and his heart was hurting because he remembered every single moment they had screamed at him for help ever since Beomgyu left and Soobin was always powerless against his love's pain, the only thing he could ever do was to comfort him with his warmth. The way Yeonjun always used to curl up into a small ball in his arms and cry against his chest because he was hurting like hell, always hurt Soobin more than anything else, he didn't want to watch him in that condition, but he was enduring it, for the sake of his love and he was ready to give him a shoulder to cry on every time he would feel like he could no longer contain his tears. He was ready to be the support Yeonjun would lean on every time he would feel like falling. He was ready to sacrifice every minute to find his broken pieces and pick them up, maybe he wouldn't be able to make the crack disappear, but at least Yeonjun would be fixed and that's what mattered to him. Soobin wanted to give up anything just to be with him, to watch his beautiful eyes for the rest of his life.

It was the middle of the night when they extinguished the fire and lay on their sleeping pads, drifting off peacefully in the quiet atmosphere. Yeonjun and Soobin lay together as they always used to recently, with Yeonjun tightly held by Soobin's arms as he laid on his chest instead of his sleeping pad, and Soobin was travelling his hand up and down his spine in a soothing manner because Yeonjun wasn't crying, but he was still hurt, Soobin could sense it according to the heavy way older's heart was beating against his body. That's why his second hand was gently caressing his chest as if he was trying to soothe his heart like that and Yeonjun seemed to like it as he had shut his eyes and was breathing in a calm, but still slightly heavy manner. Soobin knew he had never felt so strong before, he didn't even know he had so much strength hidden inside himself, but it revealed itself when his love was put in unbearable pain and needed his help, someone to hold him to keep him from falling, but still, Soobin could feel how he was breaking every night in his arms when no one else was watching and it was only two of them.

Soobin was thinking. He was remembering every memory of them, how they met, how they fell in love, their first kiss, first time... and that's how he drifted off on that night, with the sight of their past and future in his mind, but as it seemed like he wasn't in a deep sleep, since he felt well how Yeonjun carefully slipped out of his arms an hour later and left him there alone as he walked away, causing Soobin to open his eyes and look into his direction silently.