Part 2: chapter 33

The sky was starting to darken. The sun was disappearing behind the horizon. An awful silence was swirling between every figure in the conference room. They had gathered for a reason, but neither of them had any idea for what. Some of them were walking around and had brooding faces while the others were sitting on the chairs around the table, waiting patiently for their leader to arrive.

The door cracked open and everyone's curious eyes snapped to the blue-haired male who stepped into the room. Yeonjun gulped as soon as he met the others' eyes, wiping his sweaty palms on the fabric of his shirt as he directed his gaze to the floor and walked towards them.

"It's dangerous. I can't let you go there alone"

"Sungjin needs me", Taehyun said assuredly, rubbing his puffy eyes to wipe the rest of the tears from them, "He won't do anything to me. Besides, Beomgyu wrote in the letter that my demon comes to protect me as soon as my life gets threatened"

"But-"

"I'll be fine, I promise", Taehyun convinced, causing Yeonjun's worried eyes to soften a bit, "We need to share the responsibilities if we want victory. I will try to find Minsu and the other members of the Dark Web. I need to destroy them"

Noticing pure hatred and determination in Taehyun's tone, Yeonjun knew there was no point in arguing. However, it didn't mean that he wasn't scared for his life, on the other side, Taehyun was right. He was safe as long as he was still himself. Since his demon needed his body, it would do anything to protect it.

He sighed in defeat, nodding his head. Taehyun felt like a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders because he didn't enjoy arguing with him.

"Okay", Yeonjun said, sitting on the edge of the bed heavily, "Then I will gather my pack and head towards that place Beomgyu has mentioned in his letter"

Yeonjun heard nothing, but silence from the other male. He also noticed that Taehyun's expression changed a bit at the mention of his pack. It caused Yeonjun to frown in confusion, not knowing why Taehyun changed so suddenly.

"I-I think I haven't said everything yet", Taehyun said in a nervous tone and avoided eye contact for a few seconds. His words and behaviours made Yeonjun even more frustrated and anxious. He stood on his feet to take a closer look at him, waiting for the male to explain what he was talking about.

"Beomgyu.. he said that after the guards took me somewhere, Sungjin had a conversation with him. He said that Sungjin revealed everything about himself, but Beomgyu noticed something odd in his words", Taehyun gulped and moistened his lips with his tongue, his mouth running dry, "Sungjin somehow knew about your and Beomgyu's relationship even years ago until Beomgyu travelled to France to study, but Sungjin also told Beomgyu that he found the Dark Web only months ago, so there's no way Sungjin found out about him with their help. It had to happen in another way", Taehyun became quiet while Yeonjun waited for him to go on, but the older never did. Yeonjun didn't know why at first, but then realisation suddenly hit him and his heart skipped a beat in horror, a pure terror settling in his eyes. His jaw slacked open and he shook his head, trying to deny his thoughts.

"No", Taehyun looked at him with sympathetic and sorrowful eyes, not knowing what to say or do. "No, it can't be"

Yeonjun took a few steps backwards, his hands clutching his head as his face went completely pale.

"I'm sorry, Yeonjun", Taehyun finally spoke up, "But there has to be a traitor in your pack"

"Yeonjun", Soobin stood up from the chair, walking up to the male with a pouty face, "Why did you tell us to gather here? Is everything alright?"