chapter 29

After regaining his consciousness, Beomgyu was attacked by the terrible pain in his face instantly. It caused him to wince in affliction and let out a helpless whimper through his bruised lips. He tried to handle the pain as he slowly opened his eyes and examined the room he was in after his vision cleared up a bit. He found himself in a hospital ward which surprised him since he didn't really remember how he ended up there.

"How are you feeling?", the nurse asked who went unnoticed by the male earlier when he was scanning the room.

"Horrible", he answered coldly since he had no idea why someone would ask such a dumb question when he was obviously hurt and in terrible condition.

Beomgyu directed his gaze to his arm and after noticing that he was connected to the infusion bottle, he grabbed the tubes immediately and pulled the needle out of his skin, "What are you doing?", the nurse asked alarmingly at once and made the boy lay back on the bed when Beomgyu attempted to get up, "Your body is still weak, sir"

"That's up to me to decide", Beomgyu replied resolutely and sat on the edge of the bed anyways after pushing the nurse away.

"You aren't allowed to leave yet", she said in dissatisfaction, "The police are waiting outside for you"

Beomgyu looked at her with a surprised face this time, "The... the police?"

"They're probably gonna ask a few questions about your condition, sir"

Beomgyu gazed downwards and fell into thinking for a moment. No matter what the police were going to ask him, he knew only one thing for sure, he wasn't even going to mention Taehyun's name since everything was his own fault and not the older's. He couldn't even notice that before he sank into his thoughts, the nurse had already called the police, but Beomgyu was shocked to see Solar walking into his ward instead of someone else.

"You?", he asked in surprise and slowly got on his feet while hissing in pain.

"Sit down", the woman said with a nod of her head as she walked in his direction, "I don't think you're fully recovered yet"

Beomgyu silently nodded his head and sat on the edge of the bed while Solar pulled the chair in front of him and seated herself on it. Beomgyu was deadly curious about whether she knew anything about what happened between him and Taehyun and he was trying to observe her reactions to figure it out, however, he couldn't read anything on her face and it was stressing him out, "Taehyun called me last night", she started, "He was crying", Beomgyu felt his heart breaking at her words and he bowed his head in guilt, "He told me what he did to you and asked me to come there and bring you here"

Beomgyu only nodded his head as he felt tears forming in his eyes. He was afraid to say something or even ask her how Taehyun was because he was afraid he wouldn't be able to stop his voice from cracking otherwise, "Taehyun has been looking like a walking dead recently", Solar kept talking as she observed the boy in front of her very carefully, "He doesn't say anything to me. What happened between you two, Beomgyu?"

Beomgyu felt his eyes burning severely and he held his tears back with a little, sad smile on his lips, "I hurt him very badly", he said in sorrow, "I got what I deserved from him"

Beomgyu wiped his eyes and sniffled to somehow suppress the rest of the tears. He had to muster up all his courage to face the girl in front of him who was looking at him with a concerned expression, "It's a good thing that he called me and asked for my help because if the police arrived there, it would bring him so many problems, but if you are going to report-"

"It wasn't his fault", Beomgyu cut her off quickly as he shook his head, "It was mine. I don't want him to have problems at work because of some worthless bastard like me"